betta fish

Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #21 
vaygirl

I have a Kindle too. I love that thing. XOXOXOXO

And at almost 40 years old, I admit to Twilight.... *blush*
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #22 
1fish2fish

I personally don't understand why people say Twilight is bad. I'll admit it is not well written at all but the storyline is unique to Vampire lit. She comes at it from a different angle than most Vampire stories... whether you think its silly or not you have to admit a Vampire that sparkles is a new spin on an old tale. It does have the teen angst thing but that is the main age group it was marketed for. Obviously it has something good because people of every age group and social level are reading it. Harry Potter has similar storylines yet people are less inclined to put that down.

IMO a lot of people want to be "cool" and say "Oh Twilight sucks.. blah, blah, blah" because they don't want to seem like the "go with the flow' type person.

A book that gets people reading who don't normally read is an AWESOME book IMO. Look at some of the poster's on this and other forums (of all age groups).. maybe if they read a little more they could spell better and actually use complete sentences and punctuation. Fad books like Twilight only help.

You don't have to read the books.. but it makes me mad when people put others down who do.

Ok.. rant over. Sorry but I see the whole "Twilight Sucks" thing everywhere and I think its ridiculous.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #23 
Alex09

I LOL'd. Anyone hear about the new parody movie "Vampires Suck"? Some of the commercials made me laugh. I might invite a friend (who's a twilight nerd) to go see it just to annoy her :P

Last edited by Alex09; 08-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #24 
1fish2fish

I've seen it. I got an "advance copy"

It is freakin HILARIOUS. I love Twilight but I can also accept that its silly to some degree and easy to make fun of.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #25 
vaygirl

"Why does everyone think we're the Black Eyed Peas?"

I ROFL'd. :D

My best friend got me interested. I'll read pretty much anything with half a plot. Though, no one really stands up to Stephen King. I've been reading him for probably 26 years.

Edit: You know what my only problem with Twilight is? Bella's like this empty vessel for Edward to fill (no jokes please :D). I just wanna smack her and tell her to get a hobby.

Last edited by vaygirl; 08-13-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #26 
1fish2fish

Becca: "Lets go all the way"
Edward: *smashes her head with a lamp* "PURITY RING!!!" ROFL

It doesn't matter if you love or hate twilight.. that movie will have your abs sore from laughing.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #27 
vilmarisv

Totally agree 1fish2fish! A book that has people standing in lines for hours just to get a copy, it's a good book!
I'm almost *cough 30* and I read YA series. They are just a lot of fun although sometimes get on my nerves. But that's the fun part, right? Sometimes you just want to throw the book across the room. I said want, not do actually do because I cannot do that with my Kindle LOL!
I'm not a literature junkie, I read for fun. And I was one of those people who realize reading is actually entertaining after reading the Twilight series in 5 days.
All my pre-Twilight life I had probably read under a dozen books and this includes forced school readings since my school didn't enforce any.
The books I read have all been after Twilight and I cannot deny that if it wasn't for it I would've never enjoyed hours and hours of reading fun.
I mean, how cool is it to ride on a plane and be 100% entertained with a book when passangers growl and complain about how long the flight is?
Lines at the bank or waits in the doctor's office? Not a problem! I totally don't mind, my Kindle keeps me entertained.

Yes, Kindle is the best invention ever. I adore that thing, it's like another extremity. Where I go, it goes.
I used to read ebooks in my phone too but after a few hours I couldn't see straight. The Kindle is super easy on your eyes since it's like reading a book and the battery lasts forever. Plus it has awesome features! I talked my bbf into getting one and my sister regrets getting the Nook instead.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #28 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Totally agree 1fish2fish! A book that has people standing in lines for hours just to get a copy, it's a good book!
I'm almost *cough 30* and I read YA series. They are just a lot of fun although sometimes get on my nerves. But that's the fun part, right? Sometimes you just want to throw the book across the room. I said want, not do actually do because I cannot do that with my Kindle LOL!
I'm not a literature junkie, I read for fun. And I was one of those people who realize reading is actually entertaining after reading the Twilight series in 5 days.
All my pre-Twilight life I had probably read under a dozen books and this includes forced school readings since my school didn't enforce any.
The books I read have all been after Twilight and I cannot deny that if it wasn't for it I would've never enjoyed hours and hours of reading fun.
I mean, how cool is it to ride on a plane and be 100% entertained with a book when passangers growl and complain about how long the flight is?
Lines at the bank or waits in the doctor's office? Not a problem! I totally don't mind, my Kindle keeps me entertained.

Yes, Kindle is the best invention ever. I adore that thing, it's like another extremity. Where I go, it goes.
I used to read ebooks in my phone too but after a few hours I couldn't see straight. The Kindle is super easy on your eyes since it's like reading a book and the battery lasts forever. Plus it has awesome features! I talked my bbf into getting one and my sister regrets getting the Nook instead.
On the kindle can you change the alignment of the text from "justified" to "left" alignment? Because I just cannot read a book if it has the justified alignment thing - It annoys the hell out of me.

Oh and can i put my own books on it? I have like 50 eBooks on my computer that are in PDF/RTF/DOC format... I wouldnt want to have to buy all those.

Last edited by Alex09; 08-13-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #29 
vaygirl

You can email docs and pdf and probably RTFs to your Kindle. Not sure about the justified thing. I know you can change the font size and the orientation (read the kindle on it's side) but not sure about that. I could check but it's upstairs and that's like Anarctica it's so far away. :P
Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #30 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
On the kindle can you change the alignment of the text from "justified" to "left" alignment? Because I just cannot read a book if it has the justified alignment thing - It annoys the hell out of me.

Oh and can i put my own books on it? I have like 50 eBooks on my computer that are in PDF/RTF/DOC format... I wouldnt want to have to buy all those.
You cannot change it. I checked and the books I download (which are most of them) are left aligned. The purchased books through Amazon are justified.
LOL! Never heard of someone who got bothered by that but we all have our things
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote