Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #1 
meeka

What sort of filter to get?

Hi I have recently brought a new tank for my betta.

At the moment I have a 20L / 5G tank and Ive just brought a 60L / 16G, 2ft tank and I am not sure that the filter I have brought is the right one.

I brought a Blue Planet, Tank Maid, Filter Pro 700.
It just has a sachet of carbon and 2 sponges in it.
As I dont want to go thru the whole cycling process again, would I be able to swap some of my media with my current filter?

My filter currently has carbon, wool, bio balls and noodles.

I am unable to have one that hangs on the side as my new tank has a hood, so it needs to be a submersable one. I also dont want a canister one either.

If someone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

Also I havent set it up yet as I am still painting a varnishing the stand and hood.
meeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #2 
burnsbabe

Howdy!

One bit of info that would help would be what sort of fish you plan to keep in this new tank of yours.

Generally speaking however, you won't need a canister for a 16g tank. It's pretty much overkill. The hang on back filters are my go-to for tanks of that sort of size and you may be able to cut a section out of the top of your hood to get one to work depending on what kind of hood it is. Submersible wise though, a good sized sponge filter will do just fine on a tank that size.

Hope that helped some.
burnsbabe is offline   Reply With Quote