Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #1 
peaches3221

Angry Evil walmart!!!!!!!

I went to walmart yesterday, and in the fish section, there were 10 bettas, 8 of which were DEAD! How could they have 8 dead bettas and not even KNOW ABOUT IT? whatever employee was supposed to be in charge of the fish section odviously never bothers to feed the fish or change the water, OR, hasn't even been back there in weeks!
oh, and another time, i saw a one eyed goldfish and another with a big cut in its side! how DARE they treat innocent fish like that!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #2 
finnyfishy

Yeah, I cried last time I was in walmart and saw all the dead fish. It was so upsetting. I don't go in walmart for anything anymore. All they care about is the money, not the lives of the fish.
finnyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Why didn't you get a manager? Nothing can change unless you bring it to the attention of the management. If they do nothing than go to corporate and report the store. Remember to note the time you were there and the condition of the fish. Pictures also help.

No manager wants corporate to step in so most of them will get their act together if you send them a letter stating you are not happy with the care given to the fish and if you don't see improvement you will report the store. If they do nothing then follow up on your threat and actually report them to corporate (in fact... report the store along with sending the manager a letter). Let them know that you and your friends/family will no longer shop at that store and if conditions don't improve you will be notifying agencies like PITA and the HSUS along with alerting the media to the conditions of the animals at that store.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #4 
germanchick09

our walmart doesnt carry fish anymore, so the other day my friend who works there called me and told me that they acciedentally received a shipment of 20 bettas, when i got there the next day they were all dead!!!
germanchick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #5 
Alex09

I once went to a walmart where the betta cups were only filled like 1/4th of the way. the poor fish could hardly move. Then there was this lady who started yelling at an employee and requested to see the manager. Who knew fish would cause such drama? (I was on the angry lady's side though)
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #6 
Little Marlin

i have a walmart with happy swimmy fish. all ABSOLUTELY GOERGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #7 
Little Marlin

read the thread "finally getting my fish". it describes the 2 best ones.
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #8 
Plakat Betta

yeah my walmart got 8 females in one bag. I saw them tuesday and went wendsday morning to get one. They were all dead in a sealed bag. There were female betta cups were empty i guess they never got aroung to put them in the cup.
Plakat Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #9 
betta fish crazy

Walmart makes me
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #10 
Bettas are Betta

My Walmart doesn't have bettas and that's what makes me happy! Happy, because they don't get to torture the poor things!! SHAME ON EVIL WALMARTS

It's like the people working there think there plastic toys in water that you don't need to care about!!!
Bettas are Betta is offline   Reply With Quote