Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #1 
Atlas58

Saltwater Update

Well my tank is firmly into a month and a half of time since I started it so it's time to get some real fish, so I did. This weekend I bought a Firefish goby and a Yellow Tang or Surgeonfish. I know tangs get quite large so he will eventually get taken out and put in a bigger tank down the road after all he is about a inch and a half in length. My algae stage is coming to an end and the damsels have been removed to a smaller tank for territory reasons(except for Demon the one in the breeder). All of my shrimp are alive and well and water parameters couldn't be better. Anyone have a tank thats doing well too. I MUST SEE PICTURES I DEMAND IT.
Attached Images

Atlas58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #2 
bloo97

Very nice! I would love to have a Saltwater tank. So tropical! LOL
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #3 
TheJadeBetta

Very nice. Love the goby.
My saltwater tank isn't doing so well. Because my new Snowflake Eel keeps eating all my fish. He has already ate one of my damsels, my angelfish, my clownfish, and all of my mother's snails. No pet/fish store will take him either.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #4 
Atlas58

OWW, OWW, and OWW that blows. I though snowflakes were a more docile moray. That Angel and Clown being eaten must have been a shock. Were they bigger than the mouth of the Snowflake? But I guess as all animals are a complete gamble at least it didn't crash the tank.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #5 
TheJadeBetta

The Zebra is the most docile of the Morays, but a snowflake is right behind it.

It was a Coral Beauty Angel, a Maroon Clownfish, and Three Stripe Damsel. The Angel might have been a bit big to eat. Probably why he didn't come out for a week. My first Snowflake wouldn't touch them. And my LFS, who won't take him, has employees that said the Snowflake could eat them. I do have a Specklefin Grouper, but he even had torn fins on him. But my grouper is scared of other fish. I even saw the snowflake try to take a chuck out of him.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #6 
Atlas58

For right now I would just keep him well fed until you can find a donor. By me a Coral Beauty costs 30 bucks and a Maroon cost 30 too thats 60 bucks gone! My sympathy go's to you.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #7 
Atlas58

Posts some pics if you can I would love to see the tank.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #8 
TheJadeBetta

Okay. I forgot to mention the same Eel at my 10.00 hermit crab that grew to the size of an adult's hand.
The rocks are a bit crazy, because we were trying to keep the Eel on a separate side. But he got back over on the side with the other fish. I just took these just now. So they aren't very good. The first one is my Grouper, he is very shy. The second on is a Roman Temple that came free with the tank. You can see the Blue Velvet damsel by the temple. The last one is grouper again. Once I find a home for this eel I have, I am going to re-do the tank make it look cleaner and more organized. I will try to get more and post them later. The grouper freaks out if I try to take pictures.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #9 
Atlas58

Ya know theres a grouper at my LFS who is absolutely huge but is shy as can be. He sits behind a plastic scenery piece and when you walk up to him he will peer out the bottom hole with his eye, it's funny to see because he's about a foot long. Gentle giants I suppose, I like the Roman setup alot.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice pics, guys.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote