Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

IBC Standards

I honestly hate IBC standards!!!! I stopped trying for them a long time ago! In a few months I want to start breeding veiltails (yeah I know but they're so easy to breed and I really like them) and hopefully get them accepted into the IBC again.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I honestly hate IBC standards!!!! I stopped trying for them a long time ago! In a few months I want to start breeding veiltails (yeah I know but they're so easy to breed and I really like them) and hopefully get them accepted into the IBC again.
i dont understand? what are these IBC standards?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #3 
TheJadeBetta

IBC Bettas is an organization dedicated to keeping, Breeding, and Showing of betta fish. They have wild type breeders and domestic breeders. The standards are the show qualities, like the fins have to be this or the body of the betta has to be this. www.ibcbettas.org

P.S. I apologize it I can't post a link.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeBetta View Post
IBC Bettas is an organization dedicated to keeping, Breeding, and Showing of betta fish. They have wild type breeders and domestic breeders. The standards are the show qualities, like the fins have to be this or the body of the betta has to be this. www.ibcbettas.org

P.S. I apologize it I can't post a link.
so basically they are just breeders that want to have Show Bettas that will produce more beauties?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #5 
FloridaBettas239

There not about just showing,
The IBC feels there is room for all betta enthusiasts, young or old, new or experienced, individuals, families, team or commercial breeder.
And they are into bettering the breed, know matter what kind the bettas is, And they also play a big role in preserving the wild type bettas and making sure there not being over fished and we are not affecting them in the wild habitats..
I just thought even if people are going to breed pet store bettas. Then they should at least know hoe to better the fish how to build the betta into the best they can. It's like your going to build a house, and say I dont need any blueprint's, And then you build a house that is just together. But your like whatever it keep's rain out and I can call it my house. Well that's how it is with bettas, If you are going to take that big step into breeding at least have some blueprint's or in this case the fish standard's.
Anyway wouldn't you want to do something the right way. Want to build your house the right way and build your fish the right way. I think that's what one thing we learn in life growing up do thing's the right way...
Im not trying to force anyone sorry if it came a cross that way, and yes I take bettas very seriously, just like you or other people might take the transformer's toys seriously. Well this is my hobby I take this seriously.
Of course I started out trying to breed pet store bettas, but when I found out it's not the best idea and is setting me back with genetic's. I stepped up to the plate and got my self a bettysplendens.com pair when they arrived I joined the IBC, and the rest is history. Anyway what i am saying is please take it seriously and step up and take care of what you need to dont do it just because your friend's want some baby fish and you want to see what happen's

Anyway I could go on and on, your babies are looking good and growing good keep it up... they must be happy and well taking care of ...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Why is this a thread now?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think it's a good idea to let people know what the IBC is all about.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

I like the IBC but I don't like the standards (mainly because some breeders cull *shiver* their fish who don't make the cut) and theyre just to strict.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #9 
FloridaBettas239

That might be some breeders, but breeders that care like bettysplendens.com, she donate the fish to local pet stores around her. Or puts them for sale on the budget part of her page. The bettas have good genes just not show quality..
Old 08-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #10 
FloridaBettas239

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Why is this a thread now?

Because people kept going off subject on another thread. And Someone said an admin should split this thread up, and I said moderator = Joke! Because they get off topic and keep things off topic just like the rest of some other people...
I have seen a thread start on tank's and the topic changed to other things. It's just some people like to cry and complain on here.