Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #1 
Phoxly

Why Petco??? :(

Petco got a new shipment of bettas in. More than I have ever seen in their store here in Las Vegas. I counted 11 Halfmoons, and probably 20 Deltas/Double Tails and the display rack was mostly some sad looking Veiltails from the last few weeks ago shipment. If only I was in my new house, I would have snagged atleast 3 more boys. I saw a lot of multicolor VT's and a beautiful white/purple marble halfmoon with a mask GAH it is not fair. I wanted to get a few of those 2.5 gallons and just take them all home, but I know the guy there takes such good care of them and feeds them well, rarely is there a dead fish there. (:

Can't wait to get my sorority/condo setup, there's gonna be some new boys in the house.

Last edited by Phoxly; 08-18-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #2 
Drift

I just got another betta from Petco as they just got a shipment in too. He had been there for a while and most of his fins are missing and all clamped shut. Just a veil tail, kinda of a dull gray mustard gas maybe? Hard to tell from his current status. He's still feisty though.

But! They had the most gorgeous purple and white butterfly crowntail! And this awesome black and white Double Veil Tail Butterfly! I was fawning over most of the fish the entire time. They also had some pretty little girls too. :) I found one dead one and left on the counter in the fish section and gave them a dirty look. The water was yellow. :( Poor little fella'. They also had several king betta's in too.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #3 
Phoxly

Yeah you can really tell when one is neglected when their water is yellow :( but they seem to try to do a good job on keeping them healthy. There were so many nice fish, I really hope when my 20L is setup they have that kind of selection. I'll go nuts :D
Old 08-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #4 
Drift

Haha! I think if I ever move out I'll probably do the same thing. >:D 55 long aquarium here I come. They had a whole set-up for $200 at petco. Really, when I think about all the money I've spent on my 3 2.5 gallons and 2 10gallons, I've spent 4 times as much as that. =/ I think a 55 gallon would collapse my floors now.

They don't do the best jobs they can with theirs. I would say minimal amount of care. I thought about asking if I could work part time and come in 3 times a week just to care for the betta's. Haha, not that that would every happen though.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #5 
Phoxly

The guy that works at this Petco says one of the other workers there takes home the sick bettas every now and then and they let her keep them. That would be the best deal ever. :D The guy is kinda old though, and talks to the chichlids... XD.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #6 
CataclysmKitten

I for one hate my neighborhood petco. The. water is so low in these bettas containers that its scary. As for the yellow ones, my heart breaks. That's why I decided to rescue hope. He was in so little water I had the employees fill it up and put water conditioner in it. I was pretty livid. I'm glad someone knows how to deal with fish at the original posters petco. They need to educate all of petco employees.
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #7 
bettablaze

I like mine the water is always full and clear, also the bettas are active.
bettablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #8 
Phoxly

I find the best way (from my experience) to promote the healthy treatment of Bettas is to file a complaint online if there is an issue. I did, and I got a phone call the next day from the area manager asking what I was unhappy about. I came back the next week and clearly my complaint had been handled.