Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #1 
Phoxly

No Nests? No Flaring?

Aka has never produced a bubble nest since I got him, I always find fizzy looking bubbles at the edges of my tank but I think its my filter, I don't have any floating leaves or anything, so maybe thats the issue. He's extremely happy, but never flares at me, M&M's, the bettas on his betta food, or when I surprise him. >__< He flared like CRAZY when he was in his cup and surounded by male bettas. My temp is 80-82, everything seems fine in the tank, should I maybe add some floating leaves or floating plants?
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #2 
Welsh

My new betta has today blown his first bubblenest under the glass ledge in his tank, he is the only betta that has blown a nest on his own accord the others needed to see a female for it to happen lol. If you really want to see a bubblenest then you could add some leaves and plants like you said
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #3 
prettylittlefishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
My new betta has today blown his first bubblenest under the glass ledge in his tank, he is the only betta that has blown a nest on his own accord the others needed to see a female for it to happen lol. If you really want to see a bubblenest then you could add some leaves and plants like you said
Really? All my fish are isolated and they make bubblenests 24/7. Lol. If you don't want to use a lid, I've become fond of Pringles lids.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Bettas do love floating plants. Some of them are just docile, though. I had a couple who wouldn't flare or make bubblenests.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #5 
Phoxly

He spreads out his fins wide when he is eating or up against his bogwood or plant leaves, so I guess I can deal with that display over actual flaring haha.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote