Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #1 
bettalover2033

Extremely bloated D=

oKAY I KNOW WHAT DO DO WHEN MY OTHER BETTAS ARE BLOATED; BUT I CANT TAKE ANOTHER DEATH. I JUST HAD MY NEW CT FEMALE DIE JUST 2 MINUTES AGO OF OVERFEEDING AT A PETCO. I HAVE ANOTHER CT FEMALE THAT IS BLOATED AS BAD AND SHE HAS VERY BADLY CLAMPED FINS, I DONT WANT HER TO DIE TOO:( SO WHAT CAN I DO FOR SEVERE BLOATING?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT WAIT AND NOT FEED HER.

ALSO HOW DO I TELL THE DIFFERENCE OF A FEMALE BEING "BLOATED" OR "FULL OF EGGS"?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

The difference of bloated and egged up female is symptoms, she should act normal when egged up with bloat you can have-no appetite, lethargic, hiding, clamped fins, sinking or floating.

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes and when was the last one, water temp, additives used, filtration, live plants, how long have you had her and have you tried any treatments, appetite and food and how much being fed?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfishlady View Post
the difference of bloated and egged up female is symptoms, she should act normal when egged up with bloat you can have-no appetite, lethargic, hiding, clamped fins, sinking or floating.

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes and when was the last one, water temp, additives used, filtration, live plants, how long have you had her and have you tried any treatments, appetite and food and how much being fed?
okay

at first i thought she was just egged up. So i fed her 1 pellet today and found that she left it alone.

I put her in a 1 gallon tank as a hospital tank so its easier to cure her from anything. Ive only had her for half of yesterday. (new york time). The 1 gal. Bowl is empty. I have not tried any treatments because i
(((dont know how to cure a full belly for a betta)))!!!!!! The water temp is about 78*F
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote