Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #11 
prettylittlefishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Sunlight View Post
In regards to fish health...

My PetSmart keeps their tanks really clean and the Bettas are look healthy. Petco I will agree, has more varity, but my Petco was absolutly horrible in regards to health and man they overstocked!( they were feeding big goldfish little feeder goldfish!(Isaw!) and there were dead fish floating around, ugh.

I will say this though, My Walmart was 1% better than petco, but they closed the livefish section down.
Lol, thats why their FEEDER fish. Tough truth. :p I feed them to my snakes and turtles.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #12 
prettylittlefishy

Double post. -.-
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #13 
newfishmom

Was at Wal-Mart today and of course looked at the bettas. Sad....really sad. There was a little girl there that I have been looking at for 3 weeks. When I got there I had decided that if she was still there today I was going to get her and then figure out what to do with her after I got home. She was there. The cup was nasty, gunk all over the lid, gunk in the bottom of the cup, murky thick water. She looked sooooo sad. I was afraid to get her. Poor little girl. I really should have made the bold step and brought her home. But I had to sit there and think to much. I already have 6 girls that have decided NOT to get along and I don't know how that is going to turn out. *sigh*
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #14 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Petco!!! Petco here has such happy bettas. :)

Hence why most of my bettas are from there. Example: Look at that clean water!

I must say, because all the bettas are so healthy it makes them even more addicted and hard to not buy one when I go. LOL
Whoa DH! Is that a dragon PK/HMPK?? Looks really nice!
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #15 
doggyhog

Yep, Red dragon boy. I always take pics at petco of the fish I want, but can't get. My Petco has TONSSSS of HMPK/PK dragons..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #16 
Learn To Fly

Aww lucky! Wish I had a Petco. I need to write to them and ask them to think about having one in my city or something XD
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #17 
Jupiter

I really want a Petco! I saw one once when we went to Ohio, but we didn;t have time to go inside.

The Petsmarts here are okay. Usually the water is pretty clean, but sometimes they have funky water and once or twice a dead betta.

Mot of the Walmarts don't sell fish here, though there is one I know off...well, it is Walmart. but usually they don't have bettas whenever I go.

Big Al's isn't so good...I see dead or sick bettas there, or ones with dirty cups and occasionally algae. And the lady who cleans their cups dumps all of the bettas in one big bucket together.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #18 
SilverCaracal

I only have a Petsmart near me. They take good care of their bettas, but the water is blue, so it's hard to tell if they do regular water changes...I like Petsmart, but it would be nice to have a Petco, so I could have tail types other than VT and CT :(
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #19 
JKfish

I haven't been to my local petco ever... So between Petsmart and Walmart, Petsmart wins. I first thought my Walmart didn't have bettas... then I found this dismal little corner with a sink where there were like 10 sick bettas in filthy water :P.

One petsmart near me has conditions that are leaning towards bad, and the other (the one I shop at) has clean cups without any gunk at the bottom and almost always healthy fish. Occasionally, after most bettas have been bought but before the next shipment comes in, the bettas left are sick and dying (even in the pristine water) T_T .... luckly that doesn't seem to happen often
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #20 
MrVampire181

My PetCo cuts down on feeding and increases water changing (mainly because the new guy in charge of the fish department is AWESOME) and now I see 0 dead or sick bettas rather than 6-9 dead ones I used to see. I usually see pretty healthy ones at PetsMart (once again a very knowledgable staff...one of which breeds bettas). But WalMart dosen't have too bad of fish (like they used too) but a couple of times I've seen dead guppies in TRASH CANS!!!!!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote