Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #21 
MrVampire181

BTW I get a lot of halfmoon dragons pure blacks, a couple of whites, some pure yellows, oranges and of course PURE REDS!!!!!!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #22 
ScuitoAmi150

Petsmart seems to take pretty good care of their bettas although they have absolutely no variety. I love Petco, although they could definitely take WAY better care of their bettas (they have been better recently, I've noticed). Walmart....is awful. I almost started yelling at one of the employees because he would just walk by the disgusting betta cups that you literally could smell from two feet away!
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #23 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuitoAmi150 View Post
Petsmart seems to take pretty good care of their bettas although they have absolutely no variety. I love Petco, although they could definitely take WAY better care of their bettas (they have been better recently, I've noticed). Walmart....is awful. I almost started yelling at one of the employees because he would just walk by the disgusting betta cups that you literally could smell from two feet away!
One time I got a goldfish bowl walked up to an employee and said how many goldfish can live in here?

Oh about 10-11.

Then I asked about bettas and he said:

They can live in these cups their whole lives and never need new water.

MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

I ran into a woman yesterday at Petsmart who was going to put 2 bettas in a divided 1 gallon container.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #25 
prettylittlefishy

People dont think before they buy a pet. 'Nuff said.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #26 
michellelouise

Smile

I would have to say Petco is the best where I live. It's about a 2 hour drive but it's better than both the local Walmart AND the local pet store. The quality of the water is much better and the variety of colors and breeds were wonderful. :] I <3 Petco.
michellelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #27 
marhlfld

Petco in my town is ok. However, they don't dispose of the dead Bettas very fast. The water's clean, but a dead fish in it... duh... that makes sense, huh? The other Petco in a town about 7 miles away is about the same, but doesn't stock much other than VT's and a few CT's.

I haven't been to the Walmart cuz it's 22 miles away. However, the local town pet store that's been here before Petco keeps their Bettas in tiny wall hanging cups half the size of Petco's with NO lids. While I was there I was gently tapping on a Bettas cup to get him to face me or turn the other direction, and one below jumped out of the cup at my arm and fortunately landed back in the cup! I said, "Whoa dude! That's not really a good idea!" I was wondering how often they have to pick up dead Bettas that have jumped out and landed in their overflow trough below the cups?!

I found a really nice aquarium shop in the other town that is stuck back off the main drag. Small, cramped quarters, but everything is being taken care of, EXCEPT FOR THE BETTAS, once again. They're all in glass bowls the size of the Petco cups, with no lids, and stuck on a bench, stacked on top of each other! However, all the females are in community tanks loaded with plants. I couldn't even see them, they were all hiding in floating moss like plants. They even had a couple female Betta Imbellis. Wow.
marhlfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #28 
JaspersANGEL

Y are fish often not taken care of properly?

It bugs me!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #29 
DragonBettas

I go to petco and bought a King betta. He didnt last very long. Walmart bettas are sad. I prefer to go to smaller petstores because they tend to care for them more and have more varieties. A local petstore has a all black, black dragon male and man he is beautiful. And they also let you place orders on certain bettas such as all whites.
DragonBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #30 
Novah

I know this isn't as much of a contribution, but whenever i see a ton of seemingly unhealthy bettas at a walmart or wherever, it makes me sad and want to adopt all 100 of them.
Novah is offline   Reply With Quote