Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #31 
ForbiddenSecrets

Some Petco's are amusing like the random one I've never been to before to get my girlfriends fish a heater [while mine never turns on because it's too hot out here, her water could use some warming up - and were only an hour away XD] and the man there decided he needed to argue with me on how I was killing her fish by trying to keep it at 78 degrees.....

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Also I wish I knew some local petstore's but this area is pretty much dominated by big chains
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #32 
vaygirl

My Petco is awful. The fish are all thin. I find at least one dead betta every time I go there. Their water is dirty and the fish are lethargic and depressed. I've reported them twice. Now I just don't go there any more.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #33 
betta99

i like petsmart the most. i have one near my house and the animals are pretty healthy. they have a lot of fish. petco is second, because a lot of their fish are really thin, and walmart is just completely terrible.
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #34 
Jessiefish

Petco used to be better, but lately their bettas have been very raggedy and sad -- one of the last times I was in there my fiance and I pulled eight dead ones off the shelf.

Wal-mart was the worst, but our store has stopped selling bettas.

Petsmart takes the best general care of their bettas. I got a little irked today, however, when I was moving cups around to get a better look and discovered a dead, dried-up betta on the shelf. It wasn't necessarily the store's fault, but I was sufficiently creeped out as I'd never seen a shriveled betta before.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eeeuuuwwww!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #36 
ThePearlFish

for me, petco. Walmart just sucks. Petsmart isn't all that great here.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #37 
zelilaa

My petco is amazing!! I've never bought betta's anywhere else. The petsmart is amazing too ( i'm talking about water quality and health here) but petmsart ony has the red and blue veil tails, and i prfer more variety. My petco AND petsmart is like post #7, lovely fish, (even though petsmart only has a very usmall veriety), clean water, fed regularly, and happy looking active healthy fishies. My petsupermarket ive never looked at bettas in, and my walmart (I HATE WALMART ANYWAYS!!) does not have a fish section. :( So over-all... PETCO ROCKS ASS!
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #38 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
I got a little irked today, however, when I was moving cups around to get a better look and discovered a dead, dried-up betta on the shelf. It wasn't necessarily the store's fault, but I was sufficiently creeped out as I'd never seen a shriveled betta before.
That must have been tramatic!
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #39 
ReyesBetta

Petco is pretty good, Petsmart is also pretty good.. Both my bettas come from Petsmart.

To be honest, I'd rather have my grandma drive me 45 minutes or so to a place called V.I.Pets, its great. They sell bulk pinkies for my snake too.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #40 
betta99

i prefer petsmart the most because of overall they have the largest selection, and healthiest animals, but i also have a petco near my house that specializes in fish. About half of the store is fish, and they have an entire aisle of bettas. also, the employees are pretty knowledgeable and nice.
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote