Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #1 
bettalover2033

Talking So many sections for titles?

I was just wondering, why is there so many sections and places that you must post your thread? because when i first joined we didnt have betta art
(although i love this one) or the (lounge) it was called off topic discussion lol.

Also now we have (betta memorials) im not complaining im just asking!!:) Why is everything so separated?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #2 
dukie1346

It's separated so it's easier to find the answer you need. If everything was together, and someone new came to the forum to find a simple answer, they'd be stuck searching through all of the posts.

Plus, when I answer questions, I don't answer in the breeding section, because I honestly don't have a clue.

It just keeps everything organized and easy to read and search through.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

Sounds good but have you ever had a time where your just dont know where to post a thread and you post it in a completely different section and it was deleted or closed any people never get their answer and sometimes it could have been an emergency but thats pretty obvious and their betta might suffer or something like that.

Sorry its all choppy, hope that made sense lol:)
Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #4 
vaygirl

Yep, it keeps things organized so people can get the help they need faster. If it was one big forum, the threads asking for help would get buried by all the other chatter that goes on.

The mods here are not running around deleting threads where people are asking for help because they're in the wrong section. Compared to some of the forums I've been on the mods here are downright passive. I mean, you posted this thread in the betta chat section (which is for talking about bettas) and no one has deleted or moved it. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #5 
Adastra

I always thought this forum had very few sections compared to other similar forums--most have sections on live plants, general pet discussion, etc. I like the new sections.

And I agree, the mods on this board are basically nonexistent, lol--although posting in a less relevant forum isn't nearly as obnoxious as a couple of the trolls here which haven't really been dealt with.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #6 
bettalover2033

Yea i agree that there have been trolls that havent been dealt with but do you remember the rudest troll? "ihatebettas"? he was the worst. Adastra you might have not been on here long enough to see how brutal and mean he was.

I also love the new sections.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:39 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

If someone posts a thread in the wrong section, we move it to the appropriate section then notify the person that their thread was moved and where it was moved to. We don't delete members' threads because they were posted in the wrong section of the forum. Yes, we have had a problem with trolls lately but you guys can help by reporting these people. We try to take care of things as soon as we can.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #8 
purplemuffin

:) I'm usually on a reptile forum which has sections within sections within sections!! (for instance.....Snakes is a section, when you click on it it separates to boas, pythons, venomous, colubrids, and general.... But then if you click pythons it separates to 8 different snake species... yadda yadda!)

It's for ease of use.. If someone joined to learn about breeding, it helps to have breeding in it's own section, instead of having to surf through people posting about deaths, sick bettas, random questions, and photos.. Just a section about breeding! Plus, like mentioned earlier, people who have knowledge of healing sick bettas would gravitate towards the emergency threads, and those emergency threads can get answered faster because they won't get lost among the many posts!!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #9 
bloo97

You said it all, PM!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #10 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
:) I'm usually on a reptile forum which has sections within sections within sections!! (for instance.....Snakes is a section, when you click on it it separates to boas, pythons, venomous, colubrids, and general.... But then if you click pythons it separates to 8 different snake species... yadda yadda!)

It's for ease of use.. If someone joined to learn about breeding, it helps to have breeding in it's own section, instead of having to surf through people posting about deaths, sick bettas, random questions, and photos.. Just a section about breeding! Plus, like mentioned earlier, people who have knowledge of healing sick bettas would gravitate towards the emergency threads, and those emergency threads can get answered faster because they won't get lost among the many posts!!
Thank you!! and thank you to everyone else!!