Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #21 
Chicklet

I'm inclined to believe you had a pre-existing problem that just happen to annouce itself at the same time you added the "Algaefi" Have you looked at your water source, has something change in it,

On another note, I had a couple yrs back bought a bran new 10 gallon tank, Set it up with pre established Cycled filter, rocks decor etc, As I always do, Anyways this tank was different every fish I put in there died within 12 hours, I really got stumped over that one, Went thru the whole gambit of different things and still dead fish. So I tore the tank down and set it aside, Then a few days later I decided to set it back up and try again, well the fish still died even sooner, So I went to the store and bought several cheap goldfish, Brought them home and dropped them in the tank. Needless to say a couple of them died straight off, But a couple survived and seemed to be doing good, So I let it run that for a few days or so, then tried the other fish, they lived, so I returned the goldfish, Still use that tank today with no troubles, I really never did know why the tank acted the way it did, Never had another one like it...
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #22 
thegameksk

The tank was fine for months until I added the product into it. Then it was all downhill.

As for cleaning, whats better vinegar or bleach? Also can I use vinegar/bleach on decorations? Should I buy a new filters as well?

I dont think I will use the gravel again. Which is easier to clean? Gravel or sand? I plan on using live plants so which would work better.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote