Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #1 
Jdh

What kind of lighting should I be looking for?

Hi all,
I'm looking to replace the lighting for my 10 gallon tank. The current bulbs give off an ugly yellow hue, and get really hot.

My question is, can I just replace the bulbs inside of my current hood strip, or would I have to get a new one? I'm ultimately looking for bright bulbs with a white (Or close to it) hue- So any product suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks for any help!
Jdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #2 
Atlas58

This kinda goes with my thread but what the hell. Go to a Wal Mart and go to the fish section there should be a "MINI AQUARIUM BULB" it's $4.89 I believe. It's a fluorescent tube light with self ballast, it gives off pure white light and almost no heat. It's made by Lights of America; best light, bar none for tanks that size assuming you have standard light housing. My opinion at least if you want pics of my tanks let me know, I use them on everyone.
Atlas58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #3 
FloridaBettas239

I also got the 5.00 dollar lights from Wal mart. And they work great, I didn't notice how white they were until I replaced them with some new ones and they were a yellow I bad to put the walmart ones. Back in, and I think there like 10 watt each. They will grow some live plants pretty good...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote