Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #21 
Bloodeath

Curiousity killed the cat right?....but thankfully this time it only scared the poop outta the cat lol. xD

thankfully you came home, had you came home later your world might of been shattered ya know?

chances are if he survived the first day he should keep on going. i would just make sure to be feeding him really good food in order to make him happier, no pellets, flakes.... none of that, more brine shrimp, and blood worms...
Bloodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

Poor thing! I hope he's ok!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #23 
dipsydoodlenoodle

How is he doing today?
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #24 
Phoxly

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist4life View Post
thaat pic makes me want to leave work and check on my bubblez im so sorry that happoned to you that pic makes me wanna cry :(
It was my first traumatic experience with a betta, so I'm so happy he made it through, he's very cautious around the ladder, but still goes to inspect it. I think I watched him for a good 6 hours after it happened to make sure he wouldn't try to do it again. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipsydoodlenoodle View Post
How is he doing today?
He's doing great, he scared me a little this morning cause he was sleeping on his Java fern which is RIGHT by the filter intake and I thought he was dead stuck to it :( thats how I found my last Betta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Poor thing! I hope he's ok!
He's doing great, he's gotten good at recognizing people in the room so whenever someone walks through the door he immediately goes to the front of the tank and swims around the top. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeath View Post
Curiousity killed the cat right?....but thankfully this time it only scared the poop outta the cat lol. xD

thankfully you came home, had you came home later your world might of been shattered ya know?

chances are if he survived the first day he should keep on going. i would just make sure to be feeding him really good food in order to make him happier, no pellets, flakes.... none of that, more brine shrimp, and blood worms...
I fed him his favorite Buffet flakes last night, and a bloodworm this morning with the normal shrimp pellets they all nip off of. I think he likes the buffet flakes the most, he gets VERY aggressive when he eats them, and they are about the size of a nickel. :D He finally ate a shrimp which was a surprise cause they are kinda hard for him to chew/bite.

He also made his FIRST bubblenest the day after his accident so I think he is very happy :D except I think he was upset that there were snails in his nest.. and not fry. lol I need to go on snail patrol :(
Attached Images

Last edited by Phoxly; 08-23-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #25 
Nikita

WOW, i just got done posting on how i almost A. became a fish mommy and B. almost had a heart attack, nothing as traumatizing as a poor fishie being stuck but i discovered my girl some how snuck around the divider, she got scooped out and put in her own vase, and luckily neither had wounds other than one nipped tail, but i launched off my bed like a cat out of water when i had discovered the crisis. i am so glad your fishy is ok, i would not have slept all night if it were me, good luck to you and your betta.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #26 
Phoxly

Thank you! He's doing great now, I'm probably going to take pics today after I clean his tank and kill some snails/algae. He's doing wonderful, but no bubblenests... >.< He's just weird lol.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #27 
Nikita

good glad to hear it, =3
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #28 
misterBetta22

Ohhh, you know you should lower the tank level, so that way he can swim up for air without going OVER THE TOP AND STUFF. I would TOTALLY use items that will NOT MAKE BETTAS IN SHOCK OR GET THEM STUCK. Listen to my advice and I swear it will be much better.
misterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #29 
kx20

Omg i wouldve been so scared!!!! I dont have a filter or anything of the sort cause ALL of my fish no matter what kind always got sucked up in the filter and died so im still scarred lol im glad hes doing okay
kx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

This is a 2 year old thread, guys. Please check dates before posting.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote