Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Unhappy Cottony stuff on bottom fin.

GRR! Crusoe my little rescue who has been doing amazing has an area of like cottony fluff on his bottom fin. The fin is like kind of clamped, so it doesn't "flow" or really even move when he swims. Can anyone help? I moved him to his own 5 gal hex with a mystery snail recently. Has probably not even been in it a week. So I don't understand the water is clean...
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #2 
Maryrox247

Did you test the water to make sure its clean? Or are you saying its clean because it looks clean? First of all if you haven't tested it please do so this can prevent future problems and if the water is causing your betta's trouble then it can prevent the situation from getting worse. This sounds like fungus to me. Is it white/clear? Then that is the exact fungus I have dealt with before but i had no idea what it was at the time. I would use jungle fungus clear.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #3 
puppyrjjkm

I know it's clean since I literally just set it up. Also it's like gone now, we went to church and came back and the biggest spot is gone. The other side of the fin still has a little spot. It's weird, and I've never seen it before. Also whenever I have used JFC my fish have always died.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #4 
Maryrox247

was the fungus in the tank or near the filter,heater,ect. too or just on him? By the way since JFC kills your fish i would look into buying a different fungus eliminator.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #5 
puppyrjjkm

No, just on him. Yeah I will pick something else up to have on hand. I may take out the snail and put in some aquarium salt and see if that helps. Thanks.