Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #11 
browniefuzz

No white spot on the belly, and he's blowing bubbles, but only when he comes to the surface for air. He takes a gulp, then blows a bubble. I've not noticed him blowing more than one, so I don't know if they stick together. :)

Thank you doggyhog! :)

Now for the next question, does he look healthy to y'all? What are the stress lines I'm reading about? If I shine a light on him, there are horizontal lines in the iridescence on his body... Is that it or is that normal? I want this little guy to be happy.

The good thing was, all of the cups that Pet Depot had their betas in looked clean. This was also mid afternoon, so I'm assuming they're taking good care of their guys.
browniefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #12 
Betta Slave

Horizontal lines indicate stress, but he'll probably settle in soon and they'll go away in the next few days or so.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #13 
browniefuzz

Thanks! And sorry for putting all of my worries in the pictures forum. I'll do better next post. :)
Old 08-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #14 
kuklachica

Welcome and cute guy you have there!

Just curious, what size tank is he in? giants (or even partial giants) require larger tank than typical bettas due to their size.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #15 
browniefuzz

He's just in a 1 gallon right now. I didn't know any better until I started reading on here last night. My father in law offered me a 10 gallon tank yesterday... I think I'm going to take him up on the offer.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #16 
sjones

That's great! You will have to cycle the tank, there is info on that here as well.
It's really great you are taking such good care of your new betta, what a lucky guy (or gal!) :D
I have three of my betta in 1.5 gallon critter keepers, I do a 100% water change (with conditioned water, that is the same temperature as the old water) every three days. I also siphon their poop out with a turkey baster daily. They each have a glass thermometer ($2 at walmart) to make sure the temp is the same.
You could do this until the tank is cycled and ready! My guys are thriving! See attached photo of their set up
Attached Images

Last edited by sjones; 08-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote