Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #11 
Bloodeath

Quote:
No they're not free swimming but by tomorrow they will. If youre feeding Brine shrimp start your hatchery now. Free swimming means when they sit right in the water and swim like regualar fish and swim away from the nest.
i started my brine shrimp hatchery yesterday, should i hatch some more today just to be safe? ( i have like 10 million eggs, in that handy little vial)

And i should take a picture of this to better explain it, but my filter has slits in it, where i fear the babies could get sucked up in...should i cut out a brine shrimp net and cover it with it? just to be on the safe side?
Bloodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeath View Post
i started my brine shrimp hatchery yesterday, should i hatch some more today just to be safe? ( i have like 10 million eggs, in that handy little vial)

And i should take a picture of this to better explain it, but my filter has slits in it, where i fear the babies could get sucked up in...should i cut out a brine shrimp net and cover it with it? just to be on the safe side?
Can you pst a pic of your filter?
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #13 
Bloodeath

Yes i certainly can.

its the one on the right, the thing on the left would be a heater. :D
see i was thinking about cutting the net off of the brine shrimp net and covering the end with it, and then just going and buying another net lol.

Off topic: A video showing all our betta's since we dont have a good enough camera to capture their beauty :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52143GnCzE
Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #14 
vaygirl

Yeah, rubber band the mesh over it. They'll get sucked up. Normally you'd use a sponge filter in a breeding tank. It's much more gentle.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Id just take the whole thing out and replace it with a sponge fiter. The current would be to much for the fry even if there was the mesh to keep them from getting sucked up.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #16 
Bloodeath

i can actually adjust the current of the filter and make it as low as a few drops lol. But i cant really afford to replace the filter at the moment, so im gonna stick with the mesh....
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #17 
MrVampire181

Oh well then that will work as long as you have some sort of surface disruption that isn't to over powering for the fry.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #18 
MrVampire181

Or you can get a regular sponge (brand new) cut a hole halway through stick your airline tubing through and tada a sponge filter :)

Watch this video it goes more in depth a little more than halfway through and its basicly the same breeding method I use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL7Fd...eature=related
Old 08-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #19 
Bloodeath

Well... i spent about 7 hours watching them today...it looks like some low numbers on the fry, im only seeing about 7-10 fry... :/ oh well, some is better than none. Hopefully they'll live -_-. But, their still not free swimming to their full potential and i dont want to take away the father until probably tommorow morning or mid day tommorow.

OFFTOPIC: The females in my sorority tank are flaring at each other, and the one who i mated with is, occasionally fin nipping the other...is this expected with 2 females, ive never put them in the same tank before, and everyone says its ok, but i just want to check, is it more of, its generally ok, but sometimes females wont coexist with other females? Or is this normal?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #20 
bettalover2033

yes its normal they are showing dominance but also you will need many plants and a lot of hiding spots for females to be in the same tank the tank has to be at least 10 gallons, also there has to be at least 4-6 females no more no less!! i love your fish!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, breeding, crown tail, fry, parents