Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #21 
bettalover2033

bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #22 
Bloodeath

Quote:
also there has to be at least 4-6 females no more no less!! i love your fish!!!
I have them in a ten gallon, with live plants and plenty of hiding spots.... i have a link that shows there tank. But i only have 2 females in it, with 2 cory cats, i was scared of overstocking it. xD

Update: I woke up this morning and i dont know if whether the fry are in the nest still, or their freeswimming, or theyve been eatin or fallin to the ground and never picked back up, because as of yet, i can only see 1 fry in the nest. (Starting to panic now Lol)

EDIT: He picked up some lost babies i guess, because he spat a few back to the bubble nest so im not really too worried anymore lol

Last edited by Bloodeath; 08-25-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Bloodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #23 
bettalover2033

(Side-Note): okay you have to have 4-6 females because if ot the weaker female will get picked on by the other dominant female.

also. i hope th fry are okay. keep us posted:)
Old 08-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #24 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeath View Post
Well... i spent about 7 hours watching them today...it looks like some low numbers on the fry, im only seeing about 7-10 fry... :/ oh well, some is better than none. Hopefully they'll live -_-. But, their still not free swimming to their full potential and i dont want to take away the father until probably tommorow morning or mid day tommorow.

OFFTOPIC: The females in my sorority tank are flaring at each other, and the one who i mated with is, occasionally fin nipping the other...is this expected with 2 females, ive never put them in the same tank before, and everyone says its ok, but i just want to check, is it more of, its generally ok, but sometimes females wont coexist with other females? Or is this normal?
I know this is too late, and I'm sorry. I'm commenting for future breeding. Bettas lay a lot of eggs. A full grown female can lay over 1000 eggs. So if they've just hatched and you only see a few ..... that is a bad sign. The nest area should be swarming with tiny dots swimming in circles.

1. The eggs never hatched due to failure in fertilization. Usually in this case you see many unhatched eggs after 24 hours.
2. The father may have eaten them. Usually you don't see or only few eggs or fry after 24 hours.

You can't do anything on the first but if it's the second reason, you should pull out the daddy and hope the fry can survive on their own.
I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier. I thought everything was ok.

offtopic: Females will fight each other and those who just spawned are more aggressive. If the dominant female is over aggressive, you should separate them. This is why it is best to place at least 4 females in a sorority hoping that the inferior will not be over bullied.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #25 
Bloodeath

Quote:
I know this is too late, and I'm sorry. I'm commenting for future breeding. Bettas lay a lot of eggs. A full grown female can lay over 1000 eggs. So if they've just hatched and you only see a few ..... that is a bad sign. The nest area should be swarming with tiny dots swimming in circles.

1. The eggs never hatched due to failure in fertilization. Usually in this case you see many unhatched eggs after 24 hours.
2. The father may have eaten them. Usually you don't see or only few eggs or fry after 24 hours.

You can't do anything on the first but if it's the second reason, you should pull out the daddy and hope the fry can survive on their own.
I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier. I thought everything was ok.

offtopic: Females will fight each other and those who just spawned are more aggressive. If the dominant female is over aggressive, you should separate them. This is why it is best to place at least 4 females in a sorority hoping that the inferior will not be over bullied.
yea...im only seeing about 2-3 Fry, so im assuming this is going to end in an unsuccessful breed. but i suppose that's ok, i have another female thats full of eggs and another SuperRed Crowntail thats prime for breeding himself, only this time i wont be an idiot about it and make sure i take out all the rocks and lower the water...
Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #26 
bettalover2033

Quote:
yea...im only seeing about 2-3 Fry, so im assuming this is going to end in an unsuccessful breed. but i suppose that's ok, i have another female thats full of eggs and another SuperRed Crowntail thats prime for breeding himself, only this time i wont be an idiot about it and make sure i take out all the rocks and lower the water...
hey at least you got to see the betta embrace in person!!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #27 
Bloodeath

Little update: theres roughly 6 or 7 fry that i can manage to see, and ive begun feeding, and took out the male already. Expecting none to live, but hoping all of them will. xD

got my super red ct male, and my Female red ct in the same tank and everything, their all set up for the long breeding process, this weekend we're going to take the divider out (Depending on their behavior by then)
Old 08-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #28 
bettalover2033

Glad there are some fry there left i hope all goes well!!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #29 
Bloodeath

Update: Alive and kicking those 5 fry are. Lol, getting bigger each day, and eating daily as well.

Offtopic: Our latest breeding tank, featuring Clifford and Gryxi - have induced mating this morning, and i have a nice 5 min(ish) Video of them doing the do, except this time, we remembered to lower water to half, and took out all the rocks, *Peers behind shoulder* And their spawning like crazy, and it only took about 5 days of conditioning and not even a full 24 hours of being together.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #30 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Update: Alive and kicking those 5 fry are. Lol, getting bigger each day, and eating daily as well.

Offtopic: Our latest breeding tank, featuring Clifford and Gryxi - have induced mating this morning, and i have a nice 5 min(ish) Video of them doing the do, except this time, we remembered to lower water to half, and took out all the rocks, *Peers behind shoulder* And their spawning like crazy, and it only took about 5 days of conditioning and not even a full 24 hours of being together.
Nice pictures of the fry?

Also good job on the other breeding!!

And can you post the video of them spawning?

Im excited!!!

Tags
betta, breeding, crown tail, fry, parents