Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #1 
purplemuffin

Oh yay! Hooray!

:) I was originally going to post a message saying that I was going to have to delay getting a fish for a few years because my parents have decided to no longer drive me to college, instead have me flown(and they aren't interested in paying the 100 or so bucks to get the fish on the plane with me) and I didn't like the idea of just having him for a school year and finding a new home for him for the summer(which led to questions..do I just give the new owner the supplies? Keep them? How to pick a good new owner..would I take it back the next year..etc.)

But, with a few phone calls with my friends who live near me who go to my school, finding out who is driving, flying, going by train, or has transported animals to and from the school from different states in the past.. I now have several options to take the fish home with me safely, and then back again in the later years! :D

I'm very very excited, and I can't help but already shop around..So sad, the one I want I'm sure will be bought up by the time I'm ready to purchase him..but oh, what a BEAUTY! Maybe I'll be lucky and no one will spot him? doubt it, he's a gorgeous babe maybe he'll have younger siblings someday soon

But, I am staying, and as of now I know I will be getting a fish! If anything comes up that I feel would harm the life of him..I'll wait til another year. But as of now, it's on! :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

PS: this is the fishy I fell in love with...

Woowwwww, I love it! He'll make someone very happy! Wish it could be me!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #3 
UrsMyrick

He is so pretty! No wonder you fell in
love
UrsMyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #5 
betta99

wow, that's really pretty. That color is like a metallic blue. really nice betta
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

Weird fin o.O what are they asking for him?

It's legal to carry fish on board with you in the US. So even if you did have to fly you could still bag your fish and bring it on board. If they tried to give you lip about it you should print the rules posted by the FAA and bring them with you as proof.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #7 
rhooch

hat is an awesome fish.......
rhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:51 AM   #8 
purplemuffin

I know he has that funky bit, but other than that I just think he's lovely! I forgot what they were asking, I wasn't looking that much into it as I figured most of these would be bought by the time I get one(I'm thinking next year's spring)

I'm pretty much ok with most prices for these guys :O they don't get that expensive, I'm shocked! I'm so used to seeing the animals I want but know I'll never own(worth hundreds or thousands! ;_; oh, but I love them from afar!)

I know I could bring it on board, it's just the matter of price, they charge the same for a betta as they do a large cat or dog! At least they did--lately a lot of airlines have been changing their policy due to the amount of liquid you are allowed to carry on the plane.. Now my airline says "dog, cat, or bird" and have taken out the fish part!

But we'll see what happens. I'm emailing the airline anyway.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:21 AM   #9 
purplemuffin

Anyway, this is the current situation:

As I keep researching these cute little fish, I've started to get some of my friends and my boyfriend interested as well! I've referred them to this site if they do get one and I'll go with them (to make sure they don't fall for the tiny little fish bowl trick!!) to pick up their betta with my list of supplies I already have written down for the one I want!

Nathan is just DYING to get one of these beauties from thailand, we've had experience getting animals and feeders shipped to us before, but never a fish, so this will be an experience. He's interested in two specific fish at the moment--

and

and is trying to pick between the two!

Now, all three of these fish come from a website recommended by the bettysplendons website ( http://www.nicebettas.com/Stock_Shop...tpage&Itemid=1 ) but I just want to make sure it looks ok? I have trouble navigating my way through aquabids, so I was drawn to the ease of this website, but if someone finds a big 'no no' we will look elsewhere

I have realized that my school has their own weird shipping facility where packages go to after they arrive, and sometimes they take days off or close at strange hours. This worries me, so I don't plan on getting my fish online for this very reason! I know there is a petsmart is savannah, and I just looked up a petco, though the drive would be a long one and I don't think it would be an option.

If I get a fish, it will be from petsmart. Things are looking a bit down again, but I will be happy if at least my boyfriend gets to have one :) When we webcam chat I will get to see the fishies!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #10 
1fish2fish

PM.. you live in Savannah?

IMO I think the salamander you posted is lovely. Both of them are very nice fish. I think that site looks reputable enough and if you do order from them I suggest you choose Jennifer Vivieros as your transhipper. I know her personally and she's great to work with.

You might try calling the post office and asking if you can have a package sent there so you can pick it up instead of having it sent to your school. Or you could follow the tracking number and go to your school's mail room the day the fish arrives and pick him up before he has to sit there too long.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote