Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 PM   #11 
bettalover2033

thank you FL betta but i know all of that and i know that clamped fins can be a good sign for breeding but (it depends). so when i released her she had a full wide open span or all of her fins and she Had breeding stripes but i guess i will have to start the breeding proccess all over again because my mom decided that she wanted go visit my family in Philadelphia for someones b-day. i guess when i get home i will start over and try to perfect it even more:) i just got a new VT and he is gorgeous!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #12 
FloridaBettas239

Oh okay I was just trying to help, You are saying stuff like she wouldn't egg up and stuff. So I just wanted to make sure you kind of knew the basic's. I would never release a female with clamed fin's. Maybe if she was showing 1 or 2 other sign's of being ready to be released but. To release a female with clamped fin's, she's just going to run from him and get ate up...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #13 
bettalover2033

Im sorry if you took it like i was being rude because those werent my intentions. Okay i do know that clamped fins isnt ALWAYS a good sign but i released her because she had full thick breeding bars, she was kind of full of eggs but i guess she re-absorbed them. When i said (Egged Up) i meant full of eggs.

So, Im sorry and thank you so much for helping and i will read that post that you posted over and over and other sites as you posted until i even understand the small important details!!

Sorry again i didnt want you to feel like im being rude:/
Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #14 
BettaBoy84

Talking CONDITIONER IS BETTA (makes the hair shiny and smooth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
well before they were conditioned for two weeks and the temp stays at 80-82*F.

also i just started to condition them again and im feeding them frozen brine shrimp once a day. i dont want to overfeed or underfeed so how many times do i feed them??
BettaLover, great idea on the conditioning again, I feel that's so IMO..
I found the frozen blood worms to be effective, my bettas in the sorority GO NUTS for them! I stick a wooden chopstick in the bag after it dethaws a bit, then put it in the top of the tank...and my bettas look like sharks lol!!

That gives me an idea to film it and post it, its so awesome!

Also, I found a good Thai site for conditioning bettas! It talked about exercising them, allowing them to interact with other females and occasionaly the male..I will ook for it and try and post it...

Good LUCK!

BETTA BOY
BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #15 
FloridaBettas239

Yeah frozen blood worm's are awesome!! when I feed them to my bettas they spawn faster then frozen brine shrimp, At least it seem's like it to me...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

Ohh really. Well i cant get any from my LPS or Walmart because they dont sell any. And my LPS is so stupid because they get the basics of EVERYTHING and nothing else. Its so tiny with only one person working there. It only needs one clerk working there because its so small. Also the person that is working there is the one of the owners of two. There is a Lady and a Man that own the whole thing.:/ So they dont bother getting anything else besides FISH, hampsters and the usual turtles, bunnies ect.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #17 
BettaBoy84

LPS can vary

Its sometimes worth it to make the drive elsewhere.. I sometimes find myself driving 45 minutes- 1 hr outside my area just to make it to a decent store...

I think its worth it though...after all you dont buy anything unless its going to last a long time and grow with care, or be used to help something grow with care...

Too bad your LPS isnt upto your standards, but maybe you will have to make the drive and support someone else's LPS lol...

Hope you find what your looking for!
BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #18 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
Yeah frozen blood worm's are awesome!! when I feed them to my bettas they spawn faster then frozen brine shrimp, At least it seem's like it to me...
Same here!!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #19 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBoy84 View Post
Its sometimes worth it to make the drive elsewhere.. I sometimes find myself driving 45 minutes- 1 hr outside my area just to make it to a decent store...

I think its worth it though...after all you dont buy anything unless its going to last a long time and grow with care, or be used to help something grow with care...

Too bad your LPS isnt upto your standards, but maybe you will have to make the drive and support someone else's LPS lol...

Hope you find what your looking for!
Me too!!:)
Old 08-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #20 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Same here!!!
MrVamp i love your avatar its cute:) my brother loves Cookie monster!!