Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #21 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloo97 View Post
Sorry about the spelling/grammar.
I was venting when I wrote this.
It's okay! Just pointing out that sounding professional is a plus :)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #22 
bloo97

It sure is, huh?

I havn't goten a reply from AP.....I will keep you posted!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #23 
nochoramet

I know, I used to watch AP all the time when I was young!! Then I get back to watching tv now and i'm like, "Whoah, this isn't even about animals??" I was sad, because none of the shows I used to watch (Jeff Corwin, Emergency Vets, and all that stuff) are on... it's shows about people that I don't like.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #24 
frogipoi

Bring AP back!!!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #25 
FuulieQ

I dunno... I rather like River Monsters and Monsters inside me.

To me, they both center around animals...
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #26 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
I dunno... I rather like River Monsters and Monsters inside me.

To me, they both center around animals...
Ya kinda but we want some of the old shows back too:) i enjoy river monsters but monsters inside me is kinda creepy and makes my skin crawl lol:/
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #27 
purplemuffin

Yeah, animal planet has taken a turn for the worse lately. It makes me sad as a lot of the time they actually seem ANTI pet(that is, if you have something other than a dog and a cat..and even then it is iffy)

They have taken the side of groups like PETA and the HSUS, both groups AGAINST pet ownership, even trying to ban the use of seeing eye dogs (cruel and torturous mind you)

And, in the early days of animal planet, though it was young and innocent, I feel it may have started on a bad foot. We love croc hunter, jeff corwin, and all that.. But if you notice most of their most popular shows ended up being about entertainment rather than education! According to AP, kids don't want to watch documentaries(well..I did and DO but.. :) I'm a nerd) and so towards the end of 'the most extreme' the 'extreme' element of each animal got..well, a bit more ridiculous if you ask me, and some of their choices didn't match up. But anyway, they followed the fad of reality families with meerkat manor, but those aren't as popular anymore, I'm sure AP decided it was in their best interest to cut it. There may have been other factors as well, but that's as far as I noticed.

Animal planet follows tv fads, it bugs me. Honestly it makes me feel they are too far gone. They have become INCREASINGLY more deceptive and I don't like it! I remember an episode of some show where they insinuated a Bearded Dragon could be a deadly threat to a family. You know, 'big scary reptile'
yeah. Not so much!

I'm rooting for you, if someone can get AP to change then hooray, but if not.. I'm switching over to Nat Geo Wild. I love national geographic, it's educational instead of sensational. I don't feel lied to. They are smart people doing what they love to do--talk about animals! I don't think Animal Planet likes that anymore, they like making money. Same reason cartoon network is cutting out cartoons, they want money, and art is expensive. Much cheaper to just use a camera!

(and again, Animal Planet follows fads.. Pit Boss? Yeah... After little people big world.. I'm not surprised. Just watch, we'll get "Jersey pups" or something soon enough.)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #28 
bloo97

Thanks for the motivation! I too think the exact same you are. Maybe we should show them this thread, lol.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #29 
bloo97

Checking my email now......

<>

<>

<>

No luck. Hmmf.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #30 
nochoramet

Yeah, I'm starting to watch Nat Geo Wild more because it's more about the animals than Animal Planet. I'm tired of River monsters because all I see is the same episode on the stupid snakehead fish. I swear, I've seen that episode at least 20 times since the end of July. No exaggeration. And monsters inside me is a good show, it just doesn't need to be on Animal Planet. Maybe Discovery Channel?
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote