Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #1 
miyko

Exclamation HE poured BEER in the tank!!!!!

HELP my super crazy ex BF when he came to get the rest of his stuff poured a beer in the fishtank....YESTERDAY i never noticed causae it was past thier last feeding time..... he also put WINDEX in my hospital tank!!!!!!! i have seperated my 4 girls into the bigest vases i could find.... (i know its small but it will have to do for now) they are extremly hyper active stress strips are showing more then they ever have!!!!! discount fish is jumping.... she has never jumped befor!!!!!! i have them each in warm watter with betta care and a drop of betta fix.... just so i know the water is at its healthiest.... i have started to boil watter to do a full clean of the big tank.... i AM extremly worried....
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #2 
miyko

UPDATE

lucky's stress strips have faded a little.... shes my little trooper!

discount fish.... my most dominat female is still flipping out....

safire has calmed down... and stress strips are still bold as ever
Cinder .... seems to have calmed down a little she is only in about 3 inches of water.... she seemed to be having trouble getting up for air... this seems to have stoped now she seems fine except for huge stress stripe .... yes stripe... it is THAT big
Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #3 
miyko

UPDATE #2

discount fish is still flipping out but now seems to be wobbly too.... when she is jumping she willl land upside down seem to sink abit and then swimm around crazilly untill this happens again PLEASE HELP FAST I NEED TO SAVE HER SHE HASN'T EVEN GOT A PROPER NAME YET!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #4 
vaygirl

I would move her into clean water without any additives at all (except dechlorinator of course). Was she the windex fish or the beer fish?

Edit: Have your locks changed if you can.

Last edited by vaygirl; 08-24-2010 at 12:12 PM.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #5 
miyko

beer all 4 were inthe beer the windex tank only had a snail in it... who seems to not have cared in any ways of his poisened tank...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #6 
miyko

oh and trust me i have his keys and he is gone... and because of our neibors they called the police because of his yelling they are here and if one of the fish dies he is getting charged..... but i think they should charge him anyways becuase i am going to save all of these poor girls who NEVER ever deserved any of this... they never even fought... i had tail nipping on day one and thats it!!!
UPDATE#3
discount fish... has been moved into ... a smaller vase for now but in just normal declrinated water... no change so far
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #7 
miyko

UPDATE#5
lucky my lil trooper seems to have no stress strips and is in love with the new clean plant i have put in for her!!!
cinder and safire... both calm just stressed out they are normal to have stress strips though ... they seem to have them come and go in the flip of a coin.... they are normal stress strips now not huge bold ones... i can tell they are going to be fine...
discount fish has not stopped flipping out... although she has slowed down ALOT and the wobbling is getting much worse... i fear she may go in the next few minuts.... but i know she is fighting hard...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #8 
vaygirl

She might just be drunk and poisoned. Alcohol poisoning is no fun. I hope they make it. I'm sorry he's such a, ya know. :/

Just keep their water clean and fresh until you get the tank sorted out. That's all I can think to do. And hope they make it. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #9 
miyko

update #6

discount fish...has slowed down ALOT i think she is letting go...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #10 
miyko

update #7

the police have taken thier pictures and are now setting up the charges.... discount fish didn't make it....... poor girl.... i decided that her name was christina in the last few seconds... cause of the song fighter..... and all... ya...

Question

i have always kept them in thier group of 4....seeing as christina was my dominate voice of reason... stop ALL fights fish... should i keep them seperate untill i can go out and get another girl??