Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #11 
shemetz

how many?
shemetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #12 
vaygirl

The only thing to keep in a 5 gallon with a betta is probably ghost shrimp or maybe a snail.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #13 
BettaBoy84

Hey, good to see another Canadian and from Ontario! Currently, I have a sorority as well, I found the more the better, and the bigger tank the better. I used to have a 10 gallon but it was a "pond like" tank, only 4 inches deep but 3 feet long. The females (8) were always fighting and trying to dominate, but one, (magma) was always queen..

I recently upgraded and now run a 75 gallon sorority....the girls NEVER fight, I have witnessed one fin nip towards a smaller one, so i keep roughly the same sizes. I think this is also due to the stronger current. I have herd bettas prefer still water with not much water flow, however, IMO I believe that by exposing the females to a variety of conditions provides positive benefits to their growth and development, as well as general well being.

I usually shut off the filters when I feed for an hour and give them time to just float. When the filters run, the girls will line up to take turns flying through the jetstream of the power heads, then swim back through the current...they must love it, because there is so many calm areas in the tank....

Love to see some pics!

BETTA BOY
BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

No vaygirl on his signature it says he doesn't have any bettas yet but i was just throwing around suggestions for a regular side tank just to be occupied and admired but if you are going to have bettas in there slash off the guppies and platties and you could use some neons (but only use neons for a sorority)

bettas are very picky when it comes to tank mates and all bettas are different!!:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #15 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemetz View Post
is here anything else that i can keep in a 5 gallon with a beta
I was answering that question. Just wanna make sure he doesn't cram a new five gallon full of fish. We all know how that can go.

Maybe we can move this discussion over to shemetz's other thread here:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=50279

so we don't clutter up Miyko's thread
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

Ohh i didnt notice this was someone else's threads

sorry!!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #17 
miyko

i dont mind i read it myself for helpfull hints i made it for this kinda stuff lol
UPDATE

all 4 girls seems to be great friends... i am really thinking of adding about 3 more:D i have also concidered getting my boy tank all set up again and ready for a new boy... i am thinking crown tail this time :D
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #18 
bettalover2033

Cool sounds good! Also, you can only add 2 more because there should only be 4-6 in a ten gallon:)
Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #19 
miyko

my girls are all getting along a littel TOO well in my book lol i think they are up to something.... i have 3 more plants thanks to the walmart sale because they aare getting rid of thier pet section :( and still no hidy spots ever used by just one of them... they all swimm extremly close my friend made a lesbian joke about the 4 of them the other day he was confuzed as to how much they got along too lol...

should i worry that they gett along all to well will this afect me ever being able to add two others that i really want to add?
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #20 
BettaBoy84

Talking

Hey Miyko,

Which Wal-Mart is finally getting rid of their pet store..I'm hoping I am withing close enough distance to head over there and get some plants onl sale as well!

Thanks

BETTA BOY
BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote