Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #11 
Neelie

^^^ exactly. and when i finally had money to spend on bigger tanks my betta didnt like them... they greatly enjoy the 2.6g i had... dont know why, but you can ask them if you want...

these were mine LOVED that setup! wish i could have it back!

Last edited by Neelie; 08-28-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #12 
dukie1346

That set up is really cool! Too bad you don't have it like that anymore :(

LOL, awesome :)

I agree that not everyone has the money and space to get many 10g tanks. I have 1 10g betta community tank, and and really do not have much space leftover to put a larger tank than what I have\, which is a 3 gallon.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #13 
prettylittlefishy

What filter is that Neelie?

Critter Keepers are a perfect size for bettas! No reason to have 11 10g tanks for one fish. My Duke has a 20gallon though, but its a huge community.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #14 
FloridaBettas239

But it is nice to have a 10 gallon aquarium. And a bare tank is only 10.00 which is the same price as small kritter keepers. And with halfmoon's a cycled 10 gallon is a must or a 2 gal drip system. To keep the 180 degrees, you must keep really fresh water and flare them for about 30 minutes everyday.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:43 AM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
I dont know why people buy them as a home for there betta!!! For a good size one it's 14.00 or more, and it dont come with know light, know heater, know filter.
And for 20.00 or 25.00 dollars more you can have a 10 gallon kit with a light and hood and heater and filter and a lot of room for the betta to swim around... Just a thought... Or IMO as everyone else say's...
I agree! It's cheaper to do that.

BTW nice setups!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:16 AM   #16 
Neelie

They are marina filters. All they did was keep the water clear

Well my halfmoons were perfect in them anyways lol.

I think ppl make too much of a fuss sometimes about these fish... at the end of the day the tanks ppl have depend on their circumstances... and as long as the minimum conditions for the fish are fully met, who really cares if its 5g or 100g or 3g critter keepers...
As harsh as it may sound but ppl do need to keep their feet on the ground a little.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #17 
metalbetta

I see both sides of the argument.
I get the "save your money and get something bigger and better" argument, but not everyone has the space for a 10 gallon aquarium. Especially for just one fish. Though it would be nice, what's the use in buying something bigger when you have nowhere to put it?
I know for a fact I have little room for a large aquarium. Though I do plan on starting a 10g sorority, since I see ONE spot in my apartment I could put it.

But I have that luxury. An apartment. (I LOVE IT. just btw. lol)

A lot of our younger members are confined to their parent's houses. And more than likely their bettas are confined to their bedrooms. I didn't have the space for a 10 gallon aquarium at home... and my parents probably would have never let me have one. Critter keepers (though a bit overpriced for a plastic box) work well for these space limitations.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #18 
weluvbettas

This is why im glad to have a uncle who makes all my tanks for me so all i have to pay for is the heater and stuff.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #19 
Ariel1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
But it is nice to have a 10 gallon aquarium. And a bare tank is only 10.00 which is the same price as small kritter keepers. And with halfmoon's a cycled 10 gallon is a must or a 2 gal drip system. To keep the 180 degrees, you must keep really fresh water and flare them for about 30 minutes everyday. There's a big article on bettysplendens.com she talks all about it. How to maintain halfmoons.
Not everyone has space for a 10gal and not everyone has the money for a 10gal. I dont know where your from but up here where i live its impossible to find a 10gal for under 30$ and thats just the bare tank. Not including the stuff for the fish and the filter, hood, heater, lamp, etc. My 10gal was my gift to myself after getting a new job but i spent 50$ on it, but way over $70 after i put everything into it. A Kritter keeper is great for space, and cost and beginners. but thats just what i've learned through shopping around where i live.
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #20 
zelilaa

Lol I bought a real tank thing. With a hood... (no light but ui already had a light) for 15 dollars at petsmart. 3 rows over from the kritter keepers. .5 gallons less and 1 dollar more. But I payed the extra money and got the smaller thing because I like the look of a real glass tank with black lining and syilicone edging and all. The critter keepers dont have that nice ' tank ' feel. But I understand why everyone uses them. One day, if I get more bettas, Im totally using kritter keepers for them! But for now, my mini tank is great for my baby boy. :3
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote