Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #21 
HermitGuy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Should i get a bigger one???
Looks fine. Just add a plant.
HermitGuy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #22 
JBosley

Here is my Kritter Keeper! I can't wait to upgrade to 2.5 Gal tanks or spilt a 5 or 10 Gal tank for my 2 boys, though I LOVE the Kritter Keeper. So I might end up sticking with it and getting another for my new boy, who is in a small cube right now. He's itty bitty and HATES big spaces

I THINK this one is a 2 Gal
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #23 
ShyDog

just to add in my two cents here, Kritter Keepers are a great home for bettas if you have limited space and the fact of the matter is those "10 gallon kits" do not often come with a heater in the 20-25 dollar range. so really what you're paying for is a glass tank+ cost of the filter they include, no other decorations or anything like that. add a heater, and you're already looking at $30+ and that's not even getting into decorations.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 10 gal with the girls, but Whiskey my male VT is extremely happy sitting on my desk in his 3 gallon KK, and he's rather large for a VT.
ShyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #24 
JBosley

I LOVE the Kritter Keepers My one, really small CT is in a .9 Gal cube in quarantine right now and I am 100% going to get him a Kritter Keeper! They are so easy to maintain.
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #25 
DanielaMarie

Is a having a filter for such a small tank really going to make that much of a difference?
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #26 
lelei

I upgraded my Sammy's home from the Petco size "Fishbowl" to a the same size critter keeper, with the flip top door and pink cover, and btw I also have the "Pinapple spongebob" hidaway, and noticed it was a lil too big for the critter keeper..as well..(having to keep the cover off a lil..lol) but eventually when I could -upgraded again to a 3 gal tank, Deluxe suite..:) Now the pineapple fits..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #27 
birdielikestomatoes

I just ordered a Kritter Keeper today, the x-large one which is 5.9 gal. Whoever said that you could find a reasonably priced 10 gal. you obviously don't live near me! By buying the keeper along with a heater, filter, thermometer, and decorations I only spent about $45. When I bought my first tank, a marineland eclipse 5 gal it cost me about $120 to set up. If I'd bought a 10g starter kit/or bought it all seperately it would also have been around $160. So essentially it's much more cost efficient, not to mention space saving, option.

Sorry for the long post, I'm tired and I tend to ramble when I'm tired.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #28 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Should i get a bigger one???

How big is it?

You do need a heater, regardless.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #29 
Kim

[quote=birdielikestomatoes;1072911 When I bought my first tank, a marineland eclipse 5 gal it cost me about $120 to set up. If I'd bought a 10g starter kit/or bought it all seperately it would also have been around $160. So essentially it's much more cost efficient, not to mention space saving, option.
[/quote]

Wow, I feel so bad for you. 10 gallon tanks around here are around $15-20 brand new. I've seen kits for around $27. Not to mention you can get them used for $10 or so. I always wondered why people made so much of a fuss over buying one...well, now I know! Of course, everything else adds to the price significantly, but I still find a 10 gallon to be just as economical, sometimes even more so than the smaller tanks. Heck, I had to pay $30 for a hood/light combo for my 5.5 gallon when a whole 10 gallon tank including the hood didn't even cost that much .

That being said, I still really like my 5 gallon tanks....gives them plenty of room but saves space when compared to having multiple fish all in their own 10 gallons. However, it really depends on the fish's activity level if a 10 gallon is preferable to a 5 gal.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #30 
mattoboy

My 10 gallon starter set without a heater + decorations + substrate + live plants + fish + everything to get it cycled and test kits was $70 On sale. The total cost spent on the tank is probably $185. But then again, i'm housing other fish as well. I would choose a KK with a heater + plants and stuff any day for a betta.

But back to the subject, lets keep those KK pictures rollling!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote