Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #1 
naturegirl243

Betta still at the petco....need advice...

Well the betta I posted about a couple weeks ago is still at the petco he is super cute and starting to get a poop collection on the bottom of his cup.There is also a red dragon that has been there just as long that I want to get and name him diego. I have a brand new mini bow 1 that I would put the blue marbled one in.But I just love the dragon I don't know what I would do I have a tank that is a little over a gallon that is a goldfish starting tank by marina(probably seen them if you have been in a petsmart they are everywere) I could put him that as a temp home.After I get these two I would not be aloud to have anymore bettas for a long time lol.That would make 5 and the girl I half own with my mom which I might give her full ownership of if I get these two(she was cute and we both wanted her thats how we did the half ownership thing lol).Is 5 too many? and the dragon which would go in the marina tank.I would feel bad going in there and just getting one of the two boys I just fell in love with.They are both HMPK too.I don't know what to do. So any suggestions/ideas on what I should do? They are both like 12 dollars I think so I don't want to have to buy alot for them I would have to use what I have and buy a LITTLE extra. Thanks for reading I know my post was long and I probably moved sentences around I am kind of tired, But any advice would be nice.Ok I am rambleing now lol.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #2 
naturegirl243

No advice? I thought I would get someones opinion by now lol well I have the mini bow set up now for an update just no fish I also bought a 2 gallon jar I might use instead of the smaller tank.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #3 
prettylittlefishy

I've got 11 - with one more on the way. I'd say as long as you have the space, funds and materials to properly give a good life to him, go for it. :)
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #4 
naturegirl243

Haha I think my mom would kill me if I had 11.She saw me set up the mini bow and was like oh no but she likes the way I made it look so she has accepted me adding one more to my group I don't know how she would feel about two I mentioned getting both and she got a little freaked out but she seems ok with it now lol.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #5 
naturegirl243

Well I am now the mommy of 5! I got both they were 12 bucks each kind of alot but they have been there for at least a month now.I am mad though one is in his new home he doesn't have a name yet out of curiosity I tested the water from his cup for ammonia it was a 8.0! The poor thing.Pictures are coming soon I took some but I have to upload them to the computer and it takes awhile.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #6 
Alex09

Some of you people should be featured on Animal Planet's "Confessions: Animal Hoarding" TV show...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #7 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Some of you people should be featured on Animal Planet's "Confessions: Animal Hoarding" TV show...
haha not yet 5 is my limit unless I find another one that is about to die which I would get healthey then I would then adopt out to someone one here
Old 08-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #8 
BerkB33

Well...at least when you hoard bettas...they can't poop and pee on the carpet! LOL.
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #9 
Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
My mom said this to me the other day.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #10 
naturegirl243

haha I am proud to be a fish hoarder!