Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #21 
bettalover2033

Really im sorry that you all had to see that!! Vaygirl just Pm me and told me what it was:( im sorry you guys!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #22 
frogipoi

Okay
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #23 
MrVampire181

In all honesty people complain about dog and cat abuse (which is terrible) when they don't even care that fish are the most abused animal, just they way most people and stores care for them.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Exactly the message that i try to send to people. i couldnt have said it better!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #25 
frogipoi

Animal Cruelty is illegal. 2 girls got 2 months of jail cause they toasted hamster O.o sadly, people like the furry pets more...
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

Frogipoi, I really don't think we need to be hearing about people toasting hamsters or any other animal for that matter. I didn't watch either video but the first one was removed for a reason.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #27 
MrVampire181

I hate animal cruelty so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always get depressed when I see that commercial of all those abused cats and dogs.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 AM   #28 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I hate animal cruelty so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always get depressed when I see that commercial of all those abused cats and dogs.
Feh!! What will depress you even more is the people making those commercials don't do ANYTHING. Watch out for the Human Society of the United States. They are not a real 'humane society', they BARELY donate to shelters. Surprisingly enough, they do just as much bad for pets and pet owners as PeTA!

Those commercials you see saying to donate 10 dollars or so a month to save puppies? That money makes up their budget. Less than one half of one percent...Got that, .5% of 100%? Less than that, is how much gets donated to shelters. They spend over 5 million dollars on travel expenses, more than 5 times the amount given to anything that remotely handles and cares for animals.

What drives me crazy is they have pulled that kind of stuff a LOT. When Michael Vick got in trouble for the dog fights, they said 'donate to help the dogs', later under oath admitted to not only not having the dogs, but not even knowing where they were kept!

They lobby against big companies, they don't save animals. They have their target currently set on anyone selling meat, eggs, and dairy. Actually, one more thing, aquariums. HSUS hates that we like fish, don't know, apparently we are cruel, giving them homes where they don't have to worry about predators and have access to medicine?

SORRY I WENT OVERBOARD!!

Just drives me nuts. If you want to donate to save animals, go to your local animal shelter or animal rescue!! When companies get big, they tend to forget why they were created in the first place :(
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 AM   #29 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Feh!! What will depress you even more is the people making those commercials don't do ANYTHING. Watch out for the Human Society of the United States. They are not a real 'humane society', they BARELY donate to shelters. Surprisingly enough, they do just as much bad for pets and pet owners as PeTA!

Those commercials you see saying to donate 10 dollars or so a month to save puppies? That money makes up their budget. Less than one half of one percent...Got that, .5% of 100%? Less than that, is how much gets donated to shelters. They spend over 5 million dollars on travel expenses, more than 5 times the amount given to anything that remotely handles and cares for animals.

What drives me crazy is they have pulled that kind of stuff a LOT. When Michael Vick got in trouble for the dog fights, they said 'donate to help the dogs', later under oath admitted to not only not having the dogs, but not even knowing where they were kept!

They lobby against big companies, they don't save animals. They have their target currently set on anyone selling meat, eggs, and dairy. Actually, one more thing, aquariums. HSUS hates that we like fish, don't know, apparently we are cruel, giving them homes where they don't have to worry about predators and have access to medicine?

SORRY I WENT OVERBOARD!!

Just drives me nuts. If you want to donate to save animals, go to your local animal shelter or animal rescue!! When companies get big, they tend to forget why they were created in the first place :(
That is sad.

As for fish, i'm gonna try to get a job at PetCo next summer. Their fish department has greatly improved and I want to help even further with bettas especially.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #30 
purplemuffin

Woohoo!! You'll be one of the few pet-educated people working at a petco! I'm sure you'll do great! :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote