Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #1 
CichlidChick

Harmony between 3 bettas!

I have been fortunate enough to have a great laid back blue male vt betta. 2 weeks ago I was given not 1 but 2 female bettas as a birthday present. I was extremely hesitant to put all in my 10 gallon together so i put up the divider and after a few days of barely looking at each other i removed the divider. Since then the male has been trying to rub up against the red female and she follows him everywhere. This doesnt mean everyone should do this, I am lucky enough to have 3 great bettas.

Last edited by CichlidChick; 08-26-2010 at 03:23 PM.
CichlidChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

I wouldn't do that if I were you! Not a good idea... that middle female has stress stripes. She's not happy.
Just because one of them has been following around your male doesn't mean she particularily likes him- my guess is that she's trying to chase the male away.

Not to come across as rude, but I'm just saying my opinion.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 08-26-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #3 
weluvbettas

NO! how happy as they may look you could wake up tommorow to find 2 hurt or even worse DEAD bettas males and females can not be kept together. you see that female she has them lines down her there stress stripes. females can be kept toghether but only under the right conditions. i would remove the females right away into there own separate tanks
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
I wouldn't do that if I were you! Not a good idea... that middle female has stress stripes. She's not happy.
Just because one of them has been following around your male doesn't mean she particularily likes him- my guess is that she's trying to chase the male away.

Not to come across as rude, but I'm just saying my opinion.
I agree.

They look rather stressed to me. The male too.

While it's an interesting idea, this peace will NOT last. They are called fighting for a reason. You can't just stick them together and hope for the best. Trust me, even the most experienced people with bettas don't even dare to do this. I would highly recommend you put the dividers back in. It is not worth the risk IMO.

Read this article from one of the most famous US betta breeders. http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...d=1647&v=fight

Last edited by doggyhog; 08-26-2010 at 03:25 PM.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote