Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #1 
bpgoose

Think my betta fish is constipated---help

I'm not sure but I think Blue Pearl is constipated! He looks like he is 9 months preggy. He is still lively and active, his scales are still laying flat and he is still eating, just that he isn't poo-ing. I haven't feed him for 2 days and still no changed. I gave him two pellets of food and now he is more round in the stomach area then before. What can I do?

Is there a fish laxative out there that I don't know about? Being as constipated as he looks he has to be in pain even though he doesn't show it.

Please help if you can!
bpgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #2 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgoose View Post
I'm not sure but I think Blue Pearl is constipated! He looks like he is 9 months preggy. He is still lively and active, his scales are still laying flat and he is still eating, just that he isn't poo-ing. I haven't feed him for 2 days and still no changed. I gave him two pellets of food and now he is more round in the stomach area then before. What can I do?

Is there a fish laxative out there that I don't know about? Being as constipated as he looks he has to be in pain even though he doesn't show it.

Please help if you can!
Daphina (frozen) is Said to help with constipation

Also you could boil a pea, And De-shell it, and cut it into pellet sized bites and try feeding him that.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #3 
bpgoose

I think my betta fish is constipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhague View Post
Also you could boil a pea, And De-shell it, and cut it into pellet sized bites and try feeding him that.
I just fed him some cooked pea. He ate that like it was a worm. I put it on the end of a toothpick and he bit it and tugged. These bettafish sure are strong little guys! Lol! I hope the pea does it.

I have had bettafish 6 times and never had one get constipated. Should I change his pelleted food to another brand. He is currently eating Wardley's Betta Food.

I hope the pea does it. I kept the other peas that I cooked up in case I have to treat him again tomorrow. I hope one pea will do it.

I really don't want to lose him. He is the prettiest betta I have ever had.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #4 
karlhague

Quote:
I just fed him some cooked pea. He ate that like it was a worm. I put it on the end of a toothpick and he bit it and tugged. These bettafish sure are strong little guys! Lol! I hope the pea does it.

I have had bettafish 6 times and never had one get constipated. Should I change his pelleted food to another brand. He is currently eating Wardley's Betta Food.

I hope the pea does it. I kept the other peas that I cooked up in case I have to treat him again tomorrow. I hope one pea will do it.

I really don't want to lose him. He is the prettiest betta I have ever had.
The pellets might be too big for him Try The Hikaro Gold betta pellets, their quite small.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #5 
Sarada

Don't feed him for a while now...they live forever without food so no worries there.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #6 
bpgoose

Think my betta fish is bloated.....help

Just to let everyone know. Blue Pearl didn't survive his bloat. I didn't feed him for two weeks and he just kept getting bigger and bigger, until I saw him eating the algae off the plants. When I woke up in the morning he was in the process of dieing. He passed away Saturday morning, Aug. 28, 2010.

I will be taking a break from bettafish for a while to get over this loss. I only had him since May. I know it was probably his food he was eating that really started the ball going doing hill. I will not buy that type of food again for a betta. They were large pellets.

-goose
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #7 
karlhague

Quote:
Just to let everyone know. Blue Pearl didn't survive his bloat. I didn't feed him for two weeks and he just kept getting bigger and bigger, until I saw him eating the algae off the plants. When I woke up in the morning he was in the process of dieing. He passed away Saturday morning, Aug. 28, 2010.

I will be taking a break from bettafish for a while to get over this loss. I only had him since May. I know it was probably his food he was eating that really started the ball going doing hill. I will not buy that type of food again for a betta. They were large pellets.

-goose

Hey goose, Sorry for your loss mate.

May your fish rest in Betta heaven.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote