Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #1 
bpgoose
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Think my betta fish is constipated---help

I'm not sure but I think Blue Pearl is constipated! He looks like he is 9 months preggy. He is still lively and active, his scales are still laying flat and he is still eating, just that he isn't poo-ing. I haven't feed him for 2 days and still no changed. I gave him two pellets of food and now he is more round in the stomach area then before. What can I do?

Is there a fish laxative out there that I don't know about? Being as constipated as he looks he has to be in pain even though he doesn't show it.

Please help if you can!
bpgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #2 
karlhague
Member
 
karlhague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgoose View Post
I'm not sure but I think Blue Pearl is constipated! He looks like he is 9 months preggy. He is still lively and active, his scales are still laying flat and he is still eating, just that he isn't poo-ing. I haven't feed him for 2 days and still no changed. I gave him two pellets of food and now he is more round in the stomach area then before. What can I do?

Is there a fish laxative out there that I don't know about? Being as constipated as he looks he has to be in pain even though he doesn't show it.

Please help if you can!
Daphina (frozen) is Said to help with constipation

Also you could boil a pea, And De-shell it, and cut it into pellet sized bites and try feeding him that.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #3 
bpgoose
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
I think my betta fish is constipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhague View Post
Also you could boil a pea, And De-shell it, and cut it into pellet sized bites and try feeding him that.
I just fed him some cooked pea. He ate that like it was a worm. I put it on the end of a toothpick and he bit it and tugged. These bettafish sure are strong little guys! Lol! I hope the pea does it.

I have had bettafish 6 times and never had one get constipated. Should I change his pelleted food to another brand. He is currently eating Wardley's Betta Food.

I hope the pea does it. I kept the other peas that I cooked up in case I have to treat him again tomorrow. I hope one pea will do it.

I really don't want to lose him. He is the prettiest betta I have ever had.
bpgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #4 
karlhague
Member
 
karlhague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgoose View Post
I just fed him some cooked pea. He ate that like it was a worm. I put it on the end of a toothpick and he bit it and tugged. These bettafish sure are strong little guys! Lol! I hope the pea does it.

I have had bettafish 6 times and never had one get constipated. Should I change his pelleted food to another brand. He is currently eating Wardley's Betta Food.

I hope the pea does it. I kept the other peas that I cooked up in case I have to treat him again tomorrow. I hope one pea will do it.

I really don't want to lose him. He is the prettiest betta I have ever had.
The pellets might be too big for him Try The Hikaro Gold betta pellets, their quite small.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #5 
Sarada
Member
 
Sarada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kenora, ON
Don't feed him for a while now...they live forever without food so no worries there.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #6 
bpgoose
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Think my betta fish is bloated.....help

Just to let everyone know. Blue Pearl didn't survive his bloat. I didn't feed him for two weeks and he just kept getting bigger and bigger, until I saw him eating the algae off the plants. When I woke up in the morning he was in the process of dieing. He passed away Saturday morning, Aug. 28, 2010.

I will be taking a break from bettafish for a while to get over this loss. I only had him since May. I know it was probably his food he was eating that really started the ball going doing hill. I will not buy that type of food again for a betta. They were large pellets.

-goose
bpgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #7 
karlhague
Member
 
karlhague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgoose View Post
Just to let everyone know. Blue Pearl didn't survive his bloat. I didn't feed him for two weeks and he just kept getting bigger and bigger, until I saw him eating the algae off the plants. When I woke up in the morning he was in the process of dieing. He passed away Saturday morning, Aug. 28, 2010.

I will be taking a break from bettafish for a while to get over this loss. I only had him since May. I know it was probably his food he was eating that really started the ball going doing hill. I will not buy that type of food again for a betta. They were large pellets.

-goose


Hey goose, Sorry for your loss mate.

May your fish rest in Betta heaven.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Constipated betta? :/ FuulieQ Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 13 06-04-2013 10:16 PM
Fat, hungry, constipated betta. BettaSCHmacK Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 5 02-25-2010 08:49 PM
Constipated Betta ???? ChrissyCav916 Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 2 02-21-2010 04:39 PM
constipated fishyinpa Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 7 03-12-2009 05:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.