Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #11 
bloo97

Nice Edition! Lookin' Good!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #12 
LoveSGSE

Very nice! I love today's post. Loved the links given too. keep up the good work!
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #13 
bloo97

Yes! Keep It Up!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #14 
BettaLover101

This is great. I love reaing it! :) Please keep going.
BettaLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #15 
BettaBoy84

Talking Monday August 30th, 2010

Hey All...Have a great post tonight..hope you enjoy it..

Northern Waters

I spent today diving the lakes of north Ontario, in search for a piece of wood for my 75 gallon betta aquarium..Found some great plants too but left them...for now..
Retrieved on nice rotted piece 4 feet in length..just letting it dry out and kill any unwanted things that may be in the wood.. I also witnessed some wildlife such as large mouth bass, small group fish in the hundreds and a large snapping turtle...

I was lucky enough to bring my underwater camera along and took some pics, and also a short video clip of the turtle as I sam along beside it..

I have attached a link of a thread that I put of, showing some of the pics. Its under the Links Below...

Do any of you dive? Scuba free or snorkel? Great way to get involved and interact with the underwater world!

OAK LEAVES!?!?!!

Another thread going on right now is an OAK LEAF experiment that is documenting the progress of the leafs benefits and the tannins released...

I have recently found more uncommon OAK trees while up north, such as the chestnut and bur...I will be adding the Bur tonight and will be posting the pics in the morning... Check it out...

FRY OH MY...

I have recently decided to create another indoor planted spaning tank, but try my first set of Thailand bought bettas.. I will be trying the site that I posted last day's edition.."BETTAGENETICS"..They look amazing and the setup seems very well run..

Currently though I have just finished a spawn...pet store version...hey what a beautiful par they were...Veil, blue and green and very large...I have about 25 fry on the surface but I have heavily planted tank so hard to find the potential deep divers!

I was wondering if any one wanted to comment on breeding the Thai bettas and any thoughts on large fin styles, or favorite types?? I think the mustard gas HM are wicked...

LINKS

OAK LEAVES...
Be sure to check out the OAK LEAVES thread under betta care...its picking up some serious speed...The New leaves, although only recently added, have surpassed the others in tannin release...

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....292#post460292

COLORS!

This link on betta splendens has some great info on different types of tails and color patterns..Shows great picture identifications too...

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl....imp?catid=890

PIC OF THE DAY

This turtle was curious of me until I started following him with my camera....after a few minutes of swimming next to him with the video cam, he had enough and swam into the depths....

Today's edition of The Daily Betta is included with a bonus Pic, of the decayed wood I finally came across while free diving around 20 feet...

Enjoy..

BETTA BOY

Attached Images

BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #16 
bloo97

Wow!! Great job!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #17 
betta99

love it
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #18 
ReyesBetta

Wow this is sweet!
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #19 
BettaBoy84

Talking Tuesday Auguest 31st, 2010

Hey Around the world, to our few, and dedicated viewers...

I am wishing you a LAST DAY OF SUMMER VACATION...well technically not until next weekend, but August over??? I cant grasp it...too fast of a summer..

I will be returning to my final year of University and will be looking forward to my next summer lol...Im sure you as well!

CANADA...

Lots and lots of good weather in the summer and lots and lots of snow in the winter...

Its great to see a lot of the posts worldwide about Outdoor tanks and tubs and leaving them to bloom and blossom in the summer...But does everyone take them inside in the summer?? I know in Canada its a must..not only for the colder winter seasons where ice and frost will creep down 4 feet, but in the late fall nights where the temps can become shockingly cold!

I have a few outdoor potters with bettas in them and will be bringing them in soon, maybe treating them to a nice desk light...but unfortunately my (and thier) outdoor season is limited to 5 moths..

But, i feel is worth it..to have a fall that can change 60 + % of the trees to strikingly awesome colors and provide amazing scenery for the last month of warmer weather...i can NOT complain!

I also will be heading up a few more times before the frost to enjoy some snorkeling and scuba diving in the northern (then cooler) waters of Ontario!

look forward to sharing more pics!

SCHOOL!

HOw many of us will be heading back next week?!? and if this is just a N.A. thing how many of us are still on summer holidays??

WEll either way a lot change will be happening with our Bettas and the way we care for them...

With any change comes a change to our surroundings..and that mean allowing for change to happen!

Will you r bettas going to new homes, coming with you, becoming a new friend to accompany on your new experience and adventure!? We cant to hear about it! Post your betta and the change you will be experiencing from or with her or him!

I personally am going back, but this will only mean i will be home more to tend to them! Lucky, lucky fish!

LINKS

Tonights links will all feature sites in the BETTAFISH.com community

They arelinks that I use and think are cool to keep up on..HOpe you enjoy..

TANK CYCLING (FRESH WATER)
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=47838

HELPFUL DISEASE CARE TIPS

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

HELPFUL TIPS FROM BLOO97

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49284

PIC OF THE DAY

Magma thinks she can reach my feeding stick while I put it down.....maybe shes right..
Attached Images

BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #20 
bloo97

WOW!! LOVE THIS!!
Quote:
SHAMU fish! LOL!!!

Tags
betta, betta fish, betta information, fighting fish