As most of you know I have a slight addiction to Bettysplendens' fish and she's doing a stock shop update right now. There are a few guys I really like and I'm thinking of putting a hold on one of them.. I just can't decide which one.
My problem is I'm in talks with a breeder about getting a male or a pair from her spawn but she's taking a little long to get back to me and I'm not sure if I want to wait and risk loosing a chance at one of Victoria's fish or if I want to just go ahead and plan to buy a BS fish and then if I do decide to get a male or pair from the other breeder... well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I have the space.. just not sure if I'll be able to afford shipping on two different orders.
Anyways.. here are some of the BS fish I'm considering... Tell me if you think they're worth getting or if I should try to hold out for my dream Orange Dal pair from the other breeder.
: This guy isn't an HMPK but I could work on that. I like him because he would complement Ada, my "calico" SD female really well as far as colors. They would make some interesting fry.
: This guy is really nice and I have Foxy, a SD (almost HM) female who is also a cambo and they would make some nice fry as well. I would just have to work a little harder to achieve more HMs in resulting generations should I decide to do a line.
I'm not head over heels in love with either of these guys but they are both something I'd be interested in working with. The dal HMPKs are something I'd REALLY want to work with but I don't know if she has a pair available or just a male.. and with Dals you NEED a pair or you will lose the spotting... of course I could always experiment to try to get the spots if I didn't get a sib pair.
What do you think? Should I get one or hold out for something I REALLY like?