Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #21 
vaygirl

Reading is my big one. I've been reading since I was 4 or 5. I can read 100 pages an hour. I'm a reading fiend!

I'm a tabletop roleplayer. My husband and I met at a D&D game 17 years ago. I also play online games like Wow, LOTRO, and Champions. I play Xbox 360 and our Wii.

I also draw and make wreaths. I sing all the time (6 years of chorus) in my house and on Rockband and Guitar Hero. I'm trying to learn how to play my husband's new keyboard.

I hike, bird watch, garden. I LOVE outside. My sliding doors to the deck stay open all day and I'm in and out constantly. I've got a lil creek back there and I watch the ducks and the herons come and go.

I could probably condense all that: Reading, Arts, Outdoors, Gaming. Lol!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #22 
ReyesBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Reading is my big one. I've been reading since I was 4 or 5. I can read 100 pages an hour. I'm a reading fiend!

I'm a tabletop roleplayer. My husband and I met at a D&D game 17 years ago. I also play online games like Wow, LOTRO, and Champions. I play Xbox 360 and our Wii.

I also draw and make wreaths. I sing all the time (6 years of chorus) in my house and on Rockband and Guitar Hero. I'm trying to learn how to play my husband's new keyboard.

I hike, bird watch, garden. I LOVE outside. My sliding doors to the deck stay open all day and I'm in and out constantly. I've got a lil creek back there and I watch the ducks and the herons come and go.

I love those things too! I want a big pond when I get a house! That'll be a long time though lol.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #23 
Tomsk

I do historical battle re-enactments ( though my avatar may of gave that away :P ).Mainly doing artillery for both medieval & american civil war.When Im not doing that Im playing around making stuff for re-enactment out of wood & metal (Im not good but its all basic stuff).
I played world of warcraft (online,Hellscream server) since it started but have stopped playing since about april as Im bored of it and now just spend time either surfing the net for stuff Im into (historical/fish/VW campers/motorbikes) or getting attacked by our 2 cats or my 2 year old son :)

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #24 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post

Oh I love reading, when I was 6 years of age my teacher gave me a famous five book to read because she said I was capable, I felt like Matilda haha it was one of her own books and had over 600 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
I do historical battle re-enactments ( though my avatar may of gave that away :P ).Mainly doing artillery for both medieval & american civil war.When Im not doing that Im playing around making stuff for re-enactment out of wood & metal (Im not good but its all basic stuff).
I played world of warcraft (online,Hellscream server) since it started but have stopped playing since about april as Im bored of it and now just spend time either surfing the net for stuff Im into (historical/fish/VW campers/motorbikes) or getting attacked by our 2 cats or my 2 year old son :)

Tomsk
This may be me having a "blonde moment" as we call them over here but is that something similar to what they have on Role Models the movie? lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #25 
nochoramet

I'm a reader. I love to read. Sadly, college is killing my reading time.. :( I really only have time to change my fish tanks and do homework now. I miss my books...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #26 
glassmouse

I love creating with my hands. I make jewelry using precious metal and gemstones. I also make stained glass and fuse glass that I incorporate into my jewelry.

Lately I have had to put these things on hold because I've been spending all of my spare time staring into a microscope. I'm working on my graduate gemologist diploma. Hopely I will pass my final exam in October.
glassmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, a gemologist! That sounds pretty cool!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #28 
glassmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow, a gemologist! That sounds pretty cool!
I thinks its pretty cool. I have worked 30+ yrs in accounting positions and decided its time to follow my passion.
glassmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #29 
Tomsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
This may be me having a "blonde moment" as we call them over here but is that something similar to what they have on Role Models the movie? lol
NP :)
I havent seen the movie,but had a quick look on you-tube.Do you mean the kid with the cloak?.If so he is a LARPer (Live action role player) which is like playing dungeons & dragons in real life rather than on a table top.
Re-enactment is dressing authentically as possible for the period you are doing and using authentic kit/props to show the public how life used to be then in civillian life or how battles were fought then etc.
The aim of the re-enactor is to teach members of the public at the show about the history of the era in a fun and interactive way (though TBH for me its more about having a laugh while beating the cr@p out of each other on the battlefield,traveling and staying in lovely places and having an excuse to buy medieval armour & weapons and make loud noises with gun powder ).
Most of the shows I do are in the UK,though I have done some in Eire,Holland and the Czech republic (staying the week in castles for most of them).

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #30 
vaygirl

That sounds like so much fun! Firing cannons and whatnot. :D

They do that here (US) in Gettysburg, PA and also in Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. It's really fun to watch and you get to learn in a fun way. They should teach history like that. It would probably have a lot more impact. Hehe.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote