Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

Alle's alone again...

Basch passed away from his sudden and frightening mystery illness today.. I had him, in his really bad state, in QT, but felt most comfortable with gutting and cleaning the entire tank...

I removed and cleaned all the marbles in hot water, non treated with trace levels of melafix, and only put back part of them because now I dont need to bury the bottom of a divider...

Washed all plants in a scalding mixture with a grotesque amount of salt, ha...Again, slight traces of melafix, too. Let em soak..

Shocked the plants in a hot/warm water bath with melafix as well as the wood. Did the same for the filter and baffle.

Yeah, I know, bye bye cycle. Oh well. It was worth losing. I dont mind water changes, and it often cycles pretty fast.

There's a dose of melafix (preventative) in there and will finish the 7 day course with it, just to weed out any bacteria in there. Also 1tsp-.8tsp/gallon of AQ for good measure, with trace epsom salts. Tea, too. I like the tannis look, I might search around for IAL soon to get a more effective tannin source <3

Here's hoping Alle remains healthy...I dont know what happened to Baschy.. At least Alle is enjoying the tank, and to be honest, redoing it helped me cope and get my mind off things. Enjoy, Im sure Ill have more pics because I love how it ended up. Nice and natural.

Its a hex...lots of angles.

My fav of the tank... Its half natural half silk. Im hoping to go mostly live soon, Im waiting to see what I want. Probably more annubias and an actually healthy java fern, ha..

Alle seems to like it <3 Got this within 10 minutes. He's such a nesty kid.

Whatcha think? Like?

Oh, and for those who have wondered what my baffle looks like/how I do it....

PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #2 
Lion Mom

So sorry about your little guy!!! :(

LOVE how the tank turned out, though!!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #3 
kathstew

I'm so sorry about Baschy. ):

I'm glad Alejandro is enjoying the tank though. That bubble nest is a sure sign he's liking his setup! The tank looks beautiful.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #4 
russalka

Pew<3 - I'm sorry about Baschy.
russalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #5 
denaliwind

Beautifully done. Taking care of Alle was probably the best therapy you could get. :) Way to go little Alle on your beautiful bubble nest. ^^
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote