Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #1 
AaryonN

HELP! my fish isn't eating!

I just got a new betta, he's a spade tail, and looks really cool,
The porblem is, i don't know if he's eating his food, I have flakes and pellets, When i feed him pellets, he eats them, but then like 3 seconds later he throws it up, eats it again, and throws it up
he repeats like 10 times, and by that time its still whole, and floats to the bottom.
As for the flakes, he eats them, sometimes he throws them up, and other times the food goes flying out of his gills, and then floats to the bottom.
Is this normal? is this his chewing??? Whats wrong with my fish?!?
AaryonN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #2 
Ajones108

can I see a picture of your beautiful fish? he sounds lovely. as for him not eating, how long have you had him? He could just be getting adjusted to the new environment. What type of food?
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #3 
kelly528

Fish will often eat food, then spit it out repeatedly to break it into smaller pieces. Are you sure the food isn't too big for him? Most bettas are not fully at adult size when they come home from the pet store. If the size of the pellets seems to be the problem you can try crushing them or feeding a smaller pellet like Atison's Betta Pro.

Then again, I have NEVER had a betta simply eat his food off the bat; the first week is always pretty touch and go as the bettas are settling in and getting used to their food. Just be patient and be sure to to scoop out the excess food. Things will get easier!
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #4 
AaryonN

Here is little Varro :D

I got him a week ago!

AaryonN is offline   Reply With Quote