Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #1 
JKfish

Little siblings and their impusle buys are going to kill me

Mkay, this is a rant/sad self pitying post. Proceed with caution; my self pity sob posts are rather potent. XP

Okay, so today is my moms b-day, and the 21st was my little bro's. So, we went shopping to get him and my mom presents. My little brother gets some bakugon (sp?) related hunk of plastic... I think it was a gauntlet? And he insisted we buy Mom a kitchen food scale. 40$ from me later, we have them both. I need to stop by petsmart for some hamster supplies. Of course, by habit, I stop by the betta rack.

And just about hit some one. There was a beautiful pineapple female, dying. She had a lot of gunk in the bottom of her cup, severe finrot, bloat, and a patch of fungus or bacteria growing on her. For a moment, I thought the poor thing was dead. I take her to some lady employee, and she takes her to the back, saying "I'll get her in the tanks to heal." The poor girl can't even swim! When I try to tell her to try and make sure the water is shallow and to keep her warm and use aquarium salt, she just sort of waves and leaves. :( I hope the poor little girl makes it out alright.

Then, my little brother decides "I WANT ANOTHER BETTA FISH!!!!!" ... I think I almost died. I don't want to have to deal with a new betta fish, Simba just died! But, mom insisits I get him some sort of fish, though it doesn't have to be a betta. He says no to the ghost shrimps, to the harlequins... then sees an orange guppy. *facepalm* Just what I need, a pseudobetta. So, I get him a guppy, and remember guppies need more than one to be happy... So my little sister who was tagging along sees a yellow guppy, and automatically names him Krum. 2 pseudobettas down, one more to go. And crap, here we go. I get a blue guppy, and name him Delrio. Then, my little brother goes through a list of the animals I've had that at the momement create sad feelings when I hear them, because he wants to name his orange fish. He says "Simba? Airo?No, I wanna name him SIMBA!!! Fine, if I can't, then I'll name him AIRO!!!!!"Finally, he names him Slash. Ta-Da. I have 3 more fish to take care of, which at the moment I dislike. I typically don't have an issue with guppies, but seriously. Less than 24 hours ago I found out Simba died, then I get to deal with a dying little betta, and now I have to get 3 more colorful little guppies to care for. I'm not in the mood to care for or love "my" guppies. :P
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #2 
Kitty Whiskers

Oh I'm sorry you had such a bad day that made you sad! :( I hope you feel better soon. :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #3 
JKfish

:) Thanks.... I have to admit, it's getting a bit better... those guppies are growing on me
Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #4 
Kitty Whiskers

Good! Those Fishies need love too :)
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #5 
Adastra

They're all males, right? The last thing I assume you want is an out of control livebearer colony and guppies really do live up to their nickname, the "millionfish."
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #6 
JKfish

... I think they're males. That's what the sign on the fish tank said.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

They are sort of like bettas, look for the big flowy tails!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #8 
JKfish

lol, they have big flowy fins.

and the blue one died :/
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #9 
Kitty Whiskers

Oh nooooooo!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #10 
Mingxia

I'm sorry about the loss of your two fish. It is always hard to let go even if it is just a tiny little fish. I really do hope you feel better though.
Mingxia is offline   Reply With Quote