Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #1 
Ashashi

Unhappy Meds and treating?

I havent gotten many answers in the emergency thread but maybe you guys can help? My betta has velvet, though it seems to be mild. He has gold dust in small faint strips on his body and around his fins closest to his gills. He hasnt been scratching for a while because I was treating him with bettafix. But I noticed that the medicine gunked up the water, and I even noticed bits of whitish stuff starting to form on him so I stopped that, and ordered some maracide after doing even more research on velvet. I also ordered some IAL and aquarium salt to help repair the tears in his fins.

Can anyone help me with the dosage of how much to give him when the maracide arrives? Can the IAL and salt be present when treating him with it?

He's a bit lethargic, but he's still pretty responsive and eats well. I've also kept the lights off because apparently velvet thrives on it :< Any advice for a first time betta owner?
Ashashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:15 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

For a one gallon dosage use one drop per gallon for 5 days or until the parasitic symptoms are gone. This info came from Healthybetta.com.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ial, medication, treatment, velvet