Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #1 
WashingtonCowgirl

Ugh Oh

I have to go to Petco today to get some dog food (I didn't realize we were out until I got home yesterday) meaning I might be bringing home another Betta lol. I was told they were getting in a shipment today or tomorrow... so I am hoping they have a decent crowntail male waiting for me :) I don't have my tank divided yet, but if I change the water in his cup so its clean, would it be totally horrible if he stayed in it one more night?
WashingtonCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #2 
naturegirl243

As long as you changed the water in his cup he could stay in there one more night.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #3 
dukie1346

It'd be perfectly fine. If he was left in the store, he'd be in his cup anyway, so if you cleaned out the cup, he'd be even happier.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #4 
WashingtonCowgirl

Ok. I'm hoping to make a late night Walmart run tonight to get the stuff for a divider, so it shouldn't be too long. And do I have to secure the divider with silicone or will substrate be enough to hold it up? I plan on cutting the plastic canvas a teeny bit bigger to help hold its self up.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #5 
naturegirl243

Sorry I don't know anything about dividing tanks but I do hope to divide one for 4 of my 5 boys(Carlisle gets a 5.5 gallon all to himself for the rest of his life cause he is my old nerotic man and he is spolied)I will have to see pictures of your new CT male when you get one!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #6 
WashingtonCowgirl

I will definitly be posting pictures :)
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #7 
KrisAredwings

I got a small divider i have 2 males and 2 females.I have one male in a divider in the 15gallon tank will the other mail is running free,them females are with them as well.the males try to fight but they keep on hitting the glass.I did have 2 other females but my cousin took them out and put them in my dogs pee pad and they died.she is 12 and she is a HUGE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
KrisAredwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #8 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisAredwings View Post
I got a small divider i have 2 males and 2 females.I have one male in a divider in the 15gallon tank will the other mail is running free,them females are with them as well.the males try to fight but they keep on hitting the glass.I did have 2 other females but my cousin took them out and put them in my dogs pee pad and they died.she is 12 and she is a HUGE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE tell me I misread and that you are NOT keeping a male with 2 females... 2 females together isnt a great idea either. they should be in groups of 5+
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #9 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
PLEASE tell me I misread and that you are NOT keeping a male with 2 females... 2 females together isnt a great idea either. they should be in groups of 5+
I belive the females died when she said her cousin killed them, but it sounds like she said the males are together
Old 08-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #10 
WashingtonCowgirl

So no cute boys :( Which is ok, it just gives me more time to get the tank ready. Found out that Petco sells actual live plants now, but they totally rape you for them... excuse my language :P A small Marimo ball (about 1 1/2 inches diameter) was $12, a nana, tied to a small rock was like $10... I will DEFINITLY be buying online :)