Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #11 
naturegirl243
Member
 
naturegirl243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
probably a temp. thing but if he gets really bad and you are positive it is not temp realated post on here and give an update.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 AM   #12 
serenityroyal
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
update- woke up this morning and found him floating vertical. he's pretty much staying in one place, not moving, and his fins are clamped shut. I don't know what's wrong or what to do :(
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #13 
LoveSGSE
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
As what someone said, the temperature shocked him. In a 2 gallon, I would take a pail of water, pour out 80% of the old water, then pour the other 20% into a pail. Add 80% of water to the new tank, put it in your fish area to let it adapt to the temp at the area. then pour back the 20% water into the tank, You may then put your fish back in. Thats what I always do for my 2gallons... I hope your boy will be all right..
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #14 
serenityroyal
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
update- well he's not getting any better and I don't know what else to do. He's not moving and just floating on side, occasionally twitching around a little. I'm pretty sure that he won't make through the rest of the day. It's extremely irritating because this'll be the 4th fish that has died within the past two weeks. Don't know why they died either :/ I also find it irritating that I do everything I'm supposed to for little fish...and my friends who also have bettas do pretty much nothing for theirs, yet mine keep dying and theirs don't.
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #15 
serenityroyal
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Well i did an 80% water change with warmer water, I hope that works :( though there isn't much improvement so far
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #16 
karlhague
Member
 
karlhague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
you are using a water dechlorinator right?
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #17 
serenityroyal
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
yes always do
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #18 
serenityroyal
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
went and picked up a heater that's set to 78 degrees. When I got back my fish wasn't doing any better, I think he's gotten worse actually :( he's still not moving and floating on his side, and his fins are tightly clamped. More clamped then when I left, he's still breathing though and occasionally twitches around, but not much. Thin he's gotten paler too. I don't know what else to do T_T
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #19 
serenityroyal
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Well wasted a trip to petsmart cus my fish died soooooo sick of my fish dying!
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #20 
LoveSGSE
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
It could be the tank problem. Or the water poblwm. Did you do a cycle? Did any fig died of ichs etc. In that tank before?
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50% Water Change? punkchica321 Betta Fish Care 10 04-16-2010 11:54 PM
Water Change csjenkins1 Betta Fish Care 3 11-20-2007 09:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.