Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #1 
anglnarnld

Post pics of 10 gallon tanks here!!

Im looking into getting a ten gallon tank. I need some ideas!! I need to know what to put in there. Whether to get plastic, silk, or real plants... I know to get a heater and a filter. And when posting these pics plz say where you got them and how much they were plz and thank you for helping me!! :)))
P.S. Plz suggest a filter and heater plz :))
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #2 
CjRager89

Here is mine.

Filter - Aqueon Quietflow10 from petsmart believe they go for around $20
Heater - Hydor Theo from petsmart think i paid $15 or so
Live plants - http://www.aquabid.com/ prices vary
Drift wood - local aquarium store (be sure to boil it first, otherwise you water will look like tea) again, prices vary. mine was $8
Background - Newly added, got it from http://www.designsbynature.net/products-page/ Looks AMAZING! The one I wanted was shipped to me for $20
C02 Diffuser (for plants) - Just added today (its the blue airstone you see near the filter). I saw them at petsmart between $30 and $40. I used this and it cost me about $3 to buy yeast, I had everything else http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-...nted-Aquarium/

Last edited by CjRager89; 08-30-2010 at 11:48 PM.
CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 AM   #3 
Phoxly

The tank in my signature. I have a C02 system, filter, sand substrate, no heater, and all planted.

The plants were about $2-5 a piece, and the driftwood was $6. The rocks were about $5 and the coconut with the java moss was $8, and the floating java moss ball was $4 :D
Attached Images

Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:17 AM   #4 
Phoxly

Also CJRager that background looks amazing, is it textured? Or flat? LOOKS SO GOOD. I want one now lol.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 AM   #5 
CjRager89

they are 3d, they are really hard carved foam, cut to fit your tank. they go inside the tank so you gottta make sure you have room for it. mine is less than 1" so my filter can still hang in front of it, otherwise you would have to move it to the side.

I love it! its deffinatly one of my favorite things i have bought for any of my tanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #6 
Ariel1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjRager89 View Post
Here is mine.

Filter - Aqueon Quietflow10 from petsmart believe they go for around $20
Heater - Hydor Theo from petsmart think i paid $15 or so
Live plants - http://www.aquabid.com/ prices vary
Drift wood - local aquarium store (be sure to boil it first, otherwise you water will look like tea) again, prices vary. mine was $8
Background - Newly added, got it from http://www.designsbynature.net/products-page/ Looks AMAZING! The one I wanted was shipped to me for $20
C02 Diffuser (for plants) - Just added today (its the blue airstone you see near the filter). I saw them at petsmart between $30 and $40. I used this and it cost me about $3 to buy yeast, I had everything else http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-...nted-Aquarium/

wow thats amazing!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #7 
anglnarnld

How much was that tank??^^^
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 AM   #8 
Laurenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Im looking into getting a ten gallon tank. I need some ideas!! I need to know what to put in there. Whether to get plastic, silk, or real plants... I know to get a heater and a filter. And when posting these pics plz say where you got them and how much they were plz and thank you for helping me!! :)))
P.S. Plz suggest a filter and heater plz :))
I'm having a hard time getting a good pic of my 10 gallon with my phone lol but its divided into three sections anyway, so probably not exactly the ideas you're looking for.

If you're gonna go with a 10 gallon, petsmart has a 10 gallon tank/hood combo for less than $30 (hoods are the expensive part lol). Petco is having their $1/gallon sale right now too, at least my local one is.

As far as plants, real are really beneficial in improving water quality and are also more attractive (IMO) but they do have certain requirements. For live plants you will need a flourescent bulb that can support plant growth (I think you can get these fairly inexpensively at Walmart). You also would need to research the different plants and see which ones would thrive best in your tank. Many plants require CO2 to really thrive (as seen in CjRager89's tank). Java moss and java fern can both look very nice and are very low maintenance and can grow without the CO2 and are pretty hardy. I'm getting some lol. Anyways, if you're not gonna go with live then I'd stick with silk since they're less likely to snag flowing tails.

As far as filters go, I am a big advocate of sponge filters. Petco and Petsmart don't carry them but if you have a LFS, they might, and they are very easy to find online.

All my tanks have the Theo Hydor heaters, which are temp adjustable and fully submersible. I mainly went with that particular brand because they were having a great sale on them lol. I *think* a 50 watt heater is adequate for a 10 gallon tank? There are several good brands, I just suggest you make sure you get one where you can manually adjust the temp and that it be fully submersible.

HTH! Good luck!
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #9 
CjRager89

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
How much was that tank??^^^
I got lucky when I bought mine, they had a sale that included a 10gal, a hood, and that filter for $25!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #10 
1fish2fish

10 gallon planted

I don't know how much I've put into this tank but it is somewhere in the vacinity of $200 (including the 7 female bettas and ghost shrimp). Filter is a topfin 10, heater is a topfin 50w. No co2, eco-complete substrate.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote