Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 AM   #1 
ReyesBetta

Unhappy Cures For Insomnia? >.<

As you can tell its 4:00AM. I can't sleep. At all. Any cures for insomnia? I've tried relaxing in a hot bath, having grandma rub my shoulders, everything!
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 AM   #2 
Drift

Valerian Root is an all natural sleep aid. :) Otherwise take some cold medicine that isn't non-drowsy or benadryl.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #3 
ReyesBetta

Alright, thanks. Is that similar to melatonin?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #4 
Drift

"... valerian is used for sleeping disorders, restlessness and anxiety, and as a muscle relaxant. Valerian often seems only to work when taken over longer periods (several weeks), though many users find that it takes effect immediately. Some studies have demonstrated that valerian extracts interact with the GABAreceptors. Valerian is also used traditionally to treat gastrointestinal pain and irritable bowl syndrome However, long term safety studies are missing. Valerian is sometimes recommended as a first-line treatment when benefit-risk analysis dictates."
Taken from wikipedia. There's no real studies touching it's efficacy, but I and my boyfriend both vouch for it. I have a whole herbal remedy book. It would say 75% the suggested treatments work. :)
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #5 
vilmarisv

Place one of your fishies on your nightstand with a dim light over his/her tank and watch him while you lay in bed.
I get sleepy everytime.
There are a lot of over-the-counter sleep aids. I take a muscle relaxant once a week, sleep most of the next day and wake up completely refreshed although a little groggy. I only do this when I have 2 days off in a row from work. Otherwise my brain will still be in La La Land and I wouldn't be ablet to function.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #6 
nochoramet

If I think I'm going to have problems going to sleep I take a muscle relaxant but they're tiny. It relaxes me just enough to drift off to sleep. The first time I took one, I slept all night and all the next day and missed all of my classes! D:
But now it makes me have a wonderful nights sleep. I try not to take them too often though, because I'm trying to teach myself how to go to sleep by myself :P
Obviously I have not taken one tonight or I wouldn't be up.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #7 
ReyesBetta

Thanks everyone! :)