Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #11 
betta fish crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
and lots of adults think that just because they see one "kid" or "teenager" do it they expect that we are all that way and will all eventually do it.
*sigh* I wish it were not true! But adults see a kid acting inappropriate-"Now the rest of you don't do that , y'hear?"
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #12 
MrVampire181

I'm actually respected at my PetCo lol. Everytime the manager of the fish department sees me he's like "Anything new to tell me about bettas?" I'm one of the few knowledged people. I always have to help someone at WalMart (suprise suprise).

I've seen him also tell people to stay away from betta bowls and go with tanks instead.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #13 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I'm actually respected at my PetCo lol. Everytime the manager of the fish department sees me he's like "Anything new to tell me about bettas?" I'm one of the few knowledged people. I always have to help someone at WalMart (suprise suprise).

I've seen him also tell people to stay away from betta bowls and go with tanks instead.
Wow looks like you can get a job hook up as soon as you become old enough!:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #14 
Kitty Whiskers

In my local Petco, Petsmart, and Wal-Mart I've seen way too many times where people have thought it funny to see the males fight so they put them together in one bowl and leave them that way. I only caught a few people doing that and they quickly walk away and I try to separate the fish into their own containers again when ever I see them that way. I report it to the workers too saying they need to watch the fish more closely and keep an eye on the customers in the fish section more often. Most employees just give me a nasty look as if to say "Don't tell me how to do my job" in their minds but I see it in their reactions to my statements on their faces.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #15 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
At least the He was informed enough to actually know they cant live together.
Yeah I was surprized he did not think they were females lol, but the people at my petco are not that bad about fish they have one guy that knows alot about fish that is there and another guy who is nice but does not know that much he does clean the tanks but thats about it.Who seems to be there all the time.The fish guy seems to not be there that much *sighs*.It's usually a lady that barely knows anything about fish(more of a dog person), and my petsmart has one girl who is really good with fish and I don't go there as much so I don't know everyone that works there.All and all my pet stores are nice but my meijer is evil there poor bettas are really hardy I never see a dead one but they live such awful lives dirty water and barely any food.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

Good but bad! well help them out if they let you and Try
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #17 
Jayy

I never seen any of this thank goodness, but my stepdad said once that he wanted to put together and see what they would do. I REALLY hope wa joking, but I don't think so. He's very SLOW at times.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #18 
luv2run21

I saw some kids around 11 (im the same age) and all they did was flick the cups and poke them and i saw one kid open up the cup and take the poor little betta out of his cup and was about to put it in another males cup and as i was walking by so I ran over and i was like how would you like it if some one did that to you and i told the manager and they got kicked out of the store and there not aloud to come back
luv2run21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #19 
betta fish crazy

I'm that age too and I would never do that!
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #20 
Cutar

I hate when I go to my local pet store for fish supplies and Im like hey Im looking for a heater..and they say for what kind of fish and I say betta and they are like..you know they can live in those little bowls their whole life right? And I get so pissed
Cutar is offline   Reply With Quote