bettalover2033

good luck also good job!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #22 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
I was told to recondition them again for 2-3 days, I believe. (Maybe it was 3, but 2 and a half won't make much of a difference.) I conditioned them once I took Spiri out, and they were still in the breeding mood then. :)

Edit- yes, it was three. But I'm sure half a day won't really matter that much :) They're quite ready to breed even now.
I think you misunderstood who ever advised that. Hattie was badly beaten up so you should rest her for 1 - 2 weeks. Perhaps Spiri can be spawned again since he is the bully (unless he's out of "juice". lol). But because he ate the eggs, you should rest him too. He might ... "oooh great treat again".
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #23 
bettalover2033

Well it was Oldfishlady and she had many successful spawns so maybe she just told her to try again and maybe OFL thinks it will be a successful spawn this time?

Who knows.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #24 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Oh noooo......that happens......If he is not tending the nest that is a sure sign, but I agree, give him another day and then I would re-condition both for at least 3 days and try again

All kind of thing can happen when you spawn, even when it fails the first time...try again and again....you never know..third time may be the charm...lol
I give the breeders, more the female than the male at least 3 days between spawns and since she is a bit beat up you may want to use a different female to give her 1-2 weeks to recover with good food and lots of fresh clean water....
This is the post you are referring to, isn't it?
Yes OFL gives a 3 day interval to her breeders, but her breeders aren't badly hurt like Hattie. And OFL suggests that a different female be used so Hattie has 1-2 weeks to recover.

I'm only concerned about Hattie's condition. It's up to BS.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #25 
bettalover2033

i agree with indjo are you sure Hattie can take more?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #26 
Betta Slave

Indjo is correct; that was a mistake on my part.

I've been considering it actually. I am quite sure Hattie will be fine, of course she will aquire a few nips. Her fins are growing back already and she isn't as bad as she was before; I'm still thinking it over. I was thinking it over from the beginning of when I was thinking about breeding them again, but... I still have to consider it and I am considering it. I hope I don't come across as irrepsponsible; I love my bettas. They're like my children and I do know their limits.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 09-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #27 
Jooleeah

Spri has coloured up so much since you bought him! Hes looking good ;D
and good luck on attempt 2 :D hopefully no one gets hungry
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #28 
Betta Slave

Thank you :P I remember when he used to be so pale except for his lipstick O.o

I think I am going to try a second time. Hattie's fins are doing quite nicely and she's acting normal, so.... I think she could tolerate a bit of nipping...
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #29 
JKfish

... Okay. I'll let you know you have my support, but I think you should give her a few more days to rest, after all, breeding must take a lot out of the pair.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #30 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Indjo is correct; that was a mistake on my part.

I've been considering it actually. I am quite sure Hattie will be fine, of course she will aquire a few nips. Her fins are growing back already and she isn't as bad as she was before; I'm still thinking it over. I was thinking it over from the beginning of when I was thinking about breeding them again, but... I still have to consider it and I am considering it. I hope I don't come across as irrepsponsible; I love my bettas. They're like my children and I do know their limits.
Ya my Red VT female started growing back her fins as soon as she was in her medicated jar.

I don't breed females again for 17 days after a spawn. One female went into the tank a couple times in shorter time periods but the eggs were either eaten or fry infected by velvet :(
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote