Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #1 
Wildfire

Cool Does Anyone Care For Their Fish In A College Dorm?

I'm just wondering, because next year I'll be going off to college, and I have no idea what I'll do if there's only one bathroom per floor... I guess I'll have to bring a bucket, but..
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #2 
Cornflake

I'm going to college in two weeks, and I'm bringing my betta. I have a suite bathroom set-up, so I share a bathroom with three other girls, but my room has a sink. I think a lot of dorm rooms do.
Cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #3 
Alex09

Depends where you're going at what kind of room you are getting. At my school the regular dorms have one bathroom for the entire floor. On the other hand, the university apartments are much more luxurious.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #4 
Kokonoko

Yea <.< 1 bathroom per floor?!My god, thats kind of messed up, my college has dorms with a bathroom for every 2 rooms. Much more convenient. Otherwise, bring some 1 gallon bottles to fill up! You'll probably have to care them to your dorm =(
Kokonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #5 
Wildfire

Ick, that doesn't sound fun.. Hopefully I'll luck out and get a ~luxury dorm suite thing, or at least bathrooms per every couple rooms.
Alex, do you bring your fish to school?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #6 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
Ick, that doesn't sound fun.. Hopefully I'll luck out and get a ~luxury dorm suite thing, or at least bathrooms per every couple rooms.
Alex, do you bring your fish to school?
I dont live at school. And at my school you have to pay more for the special dorms and pay even more for the apartments. I commute since I only live like 30 min away... but yeah, one thing you could do is bring one of those big 5 gallon containers (pictured) with clean water and a bucket (for the old dirty water) and save yourself the trouble of taking all your stuff to the bathroom.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #7 
puppyrjjkm

Yeah I will be going to college next year too, and it's only floor bathrooms :( So I guess that means just lots of trips back and forth to the bathroom!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #8 
vilmarisv

My dorm had 2 bathrooms for the whole house which was made up of about 20 girls.
I'm sure you will be able to check out the layout of your doorm room once you get an assigment since most colleges post blueprints of the dorms online.
Just check out your situation and plan accordingly.
That was very helpful for me in getting the things I needed because I knew the dimensions and layout of my room before actually getting there.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #9 
nochoramet

I'm in my second year of college, and my first year I lived in a community style dorm that had 2 bathrooms per floor but changed the water in the laundry room. Now I'm in an apartment style dorm and just use my bathroom... it's never been a problem for me.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #10 
Wildfire

How big are your tanks?