Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #11 
warfish

lol ok ill look in2 getting a plastice bin.
warfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #12 
vanish3d

Hi everyone thank you for your replys. I will be removing my corycats right away and take them back to the petstore. Is there any other fish i can add beside them? thanks again for all your replys. I also tired to make my own post but i think its been disabled im not to sure how to do it.
vanish3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #13 
warfish

lol i talked to my family and ill be getting a proper fish tank for my birthday witch is the 12. so lol any info on how to cycle a tank woould be very helpfull
Old 09-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #14 
kaythenewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfish View Post
well im in college and dont have the money 2 spend on that. ive been doing 50% changes once aq day. and ive warmed my room up. im gonna try that and c wat happens
I'm in college too and so is my husband. So we have pretty much no money. Have you tried looking at yard sales or do you have a place to check classifieds? I live in northern utah. We have a great classified website called ksl.com. I bought a 20g freshwater aquarium complete with new gravel and accessories like a nice filter and heater and gravel vac, etc. for only $50. I saw3-5 g. betta bowl sets with filters and heaters going for $7! And I've found them at yard sales for $3. Look around. You may find a great deal and then not have to do water changes as often and have a happier (and healthier) fish.
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #15 
kaythenewbie

Nevermind what I said. Missed your latest post. Birthday presents are way more fun anyways! (and free too!!!)
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #16 
Adastra

I always advocate cycling the tank without your fish in it--this is less work for you and it's kinder to your fish. You don't have to constantly test the tank and do water changes whenever the ammonia level creeps above .25 :)

There is a sticky here, but it's a little wordy and not very specific.. I picked out this article because it covers what I would cover if I explained it to you. http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...leAquarium.php

It's easiest and fastest to cycle the tank using the pure ammonia technique. You can find pure ammonia at an ACE hardware store--you want the cheap generic brand without any scents or surfactants. If you can find the ACE brand ammonia, that's what you want. :)

You should also ask for a good liquid test kit for your birthday, since you need it to cycle your tank. I use the API Master Test Kit.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #17 
warfish

ty