Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #1 
Drift

Talking New 5 gallon and 10 gallon split.

Today was that sale I was talking about at That Fish Place. I bought a 5 gallon mini bow for $22! :D I gave it a nice all natural horribly aquascape design. Haha. It's a on a round table so I decided to not do the typical foreground, background plants but put larger plants in the middle and the smalls one towards the edge the tank. I spent $100 and saved $50! I'm trying out the Eco-complete substrate and bought some different types of plants to see how they shall grow.

On the other note, my 10 gallon divided in all nice and done cycling. I added a few more plants to it. One side is "outer space themed" for Apollo, and the other side is a sunken pirate ship-treasure for Captain Swazi. :)
I'll post pictures tonight when I get off of work as my camera is dead and I need to leave for work pretty much right now. :) I'm really excited to put them all in tomorrow morning.
The poor fish are hanging out in the hallway on the floor in their 2.5gallons because the 5 is on the table. :)
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #2 
puppyrjjkm

Yay how exciting! I wish I had that store :) Can't wait for pics.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #3 
betta99

nice savings ;) and both tanks sound good. can't wait to see photos!
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #4 
Drift

My new 5 gallon Mini Bowfront aquarium from the back side. Like I said it's on a round table and my boyfriend uses it as a desk on the other side so no front shots today.

My 10 gallon split. The left side is Apollo's and the right is Captain Swazi Redbeards'. If you have any suggestions for moon/outerspace themes for Apollo I would appreciate it. I like the background and am not going to change that. But decoration inside would be welcomed. I really wanted to find a space ship. :( I couldn't find one though other than a tank that cost more than I would pay for for a decoration item.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #5 
puppyrjjkm

Awesome tanks, love the plants :) I think at petsmart they had a bunch of new decor. There may have been a little astronaunt, not totally sure but maybe!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #6 
Drift

I was there the other day and I saw old school scuba divers that almost looked like astronauts. XD I thought about it for sure though. Thanks for the tip, I'll double check later tomorrow though as they're right around the corner from me.

And if you are ever on the East Coast stop buy good old Lancaster county, PA. :) They call themselves the Worlds largest pet store. It's used to be a warehouse I think. :) They sell larger koi to little betta's. They even had some snakehead betta's in today. :O! If you're a member of their loyalty car (like Pets Perks card is free) they send you coupons and adds on discount items through the mail. They're generally well rounded people, mostly college aged, a few older who know a lot about fish and reptiles. They have a gorgeous fish room of brackish, salt, and freshwater. A pond area with outdoor pond equipment and fish. A reptile room. An aquatic plant room. Bird, Small mammal, cat, dog, reptile, and fish supplies. They stopped carrying large animal supplies recently.
That was an excessive ramble, sorry!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #7 
puppyrjjkm

Wow I wish we had that here, sounds like I could explore for hours haha
Old 09-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #8 
Kitty Whiskers

Oh I had a little air controled space ship for an aquarium! It was orange and blue and it rose from the bottom of the tank with an airline and when it touched the surface went back and landed in the gravel as the outer rim turned and sat there till it filled with air again. Got it from a little pet store here in Illinois called "Bills Auqualand." it was made by some popular fish comany but don't remember who now.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote