Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #1 
evanlovesbettas

is this common?

i have a nice plant with big leaves for my betta to rest/sleep on but he prefers the bottom. the bottom has smooth gravel so i guess it's fine. im pretty sure hes fine but im just making sure hes not sick. does your betta do this?

he isn't sleeping in this picture, but this is the only picture i have of his full tank. should i try spreading out the plant so the leaves are more horizontal?
Attached Images

evanlovesbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #2 
Ajones108

Beautiful fish. :) What type of plant is that? And the fish doesn't have to sleep anywhere in particular. :p Sometimes they just float around. My betta likes to sleep in his cave. Although, I think you should spread the leaves out, he might like swimming through them.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #3 
evanlovesbettas

thank you(: it's actually a silk plant :p haha. not real, but its really soft. haha okay(: yeah, after he's been swimming around a lot and he's worn out he'll just swim down to the bottom and take a nap. alright, i'll do that. but i won't spread them out so much that he doesn't have enough room. haha. oh and Q - what type of fins does he have? im thinking double tail.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #4 
Ajones108

I would say he is a DT of course, but I'm not sure the tail. It looks too short to be a VT.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #5 
Laurenie

I would guess that his fins are standard double tail. Stunning fish btw.
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #6 
evanlovesbettas

wait! haha im so confused. i thought bettas can only have one type of tail? like it can have a DT, VT, HM, RT, ST? but you can have like a double tail viel tail? haha EXPLAIN PLEASE :D
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #7 
Betta Slave

I think that's a female. The fins are much too short to be a male.

Yes. a DBVT. A VT crossed with DBT :)

Very pretty... err, girl! XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #8 
evanlovesbettas

haha! grrr D:< he/she was in a male container though! we'll know for sure if there's no bubble nest after a week. ill keep you posted! even if it is a girl, its one of the prettier ones, right? (:
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #9 
Betta Slave

Lol. Don't trust the male/female signs on the cup! I got a male PK (my avvie) thinking he was a girl but he turned out to be a guy. lol.

Hmm. Does she have a white spot sticking out from her belly? If so that's a good sign she's really a girl. Some males have it too though.

Also some males won't even build bubblenests! Some build on the first day of being put into their new homes. Some build the first month. (Etcetera, etcetera.)

And yes, she's gorgeous o.o her fins are perfect, not like most of the other DBT girls I've seen.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #10 
evanlovesbettas

haha! i know. plakats are nice but the main reason i havent gotten one is because i can never tell the sexes.

let me go check! AH! yes she does! oh well, the name is still staying santa! haha because shes red/white.

i was 100% convinced santa was a boy! haha. silly me.
oh well i still love her(:

hmph i was looking forward to the bubble nests D: i like seeing how extensive they can get. one of my males covered his whole surface with one. i poked a small hole in it though so he could build some more to keep him occupied! :p

yes! i realized that too! the fins are in perfect shape. i like how theres a pretty distinct line from where it switches from white to red instead of a sort of fade of the two colors.

(: