Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

What color and type are my Bettas??

Can anyone tell me what color and type my 3 bettas are for me? It is a little confusing to me to try to get it right. Please take a look at my album on my profile page called "My Betta Fishies :)" My 3 fish are:

Male: Greg
Male: Gary
Female: Kitty

Thanks for your help
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #2 
Adastra

They're all veiltails. The white one looks like a pastel marble, the orange one is a multicolor, and the female looks like a yellow.

Their tanks look really small, unheated, and sparsely decorated with inappropriate plastic plants.. I think you should consider upgrading to a larger, heated aquarium with silk plants and caves. The most efficient way to do this would be to get a 10 gallon tank and divide it three ways. This will take up less space than the three tanks put next to each other, and will be much easier to maintain. You can find very cheap 10 gallon setups on craigslist. Dividing them is cheap and easy.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

Gary is a white Cellophane male VT

Greg is a Multi colored VT male

and kitty is a yellow cellophane female VT she is my favorite!!

i love cellophanes although i cant find any where i live
!!

You should do some research on colors and tail types!! there is a thread about all of the tails and colors!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #4 
peaches3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
Their tanks look really small, unheated, and sparsely decorated with inappropriate plastic plants.. I think you should consider upgrading to a larger, heated aquarium with silk plants and caves.
i've had those tanks before (now i use half gallon critter carriers), they hold about a 1/2 gallon of water. it's fine to keep a Betta in that, but you have to change the water more often, once or twice a week. if you don't have time to clean it that often, get a larger tank with a filter.

Last edited by peaches3221; 09-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #5 
Adastra

Woah, that's totally not right at all. A half gallon container should be 100% changed every day, a one gallon should be changed every other day, a 2 gallon every 3-4, and a five gallon once a week. Containers this small are troublesome to keep clean and troublesome to heat.

Bettas are tropical fish that need temperatures of 78-83 degrees to be comfortable, healthy, and active. A few degrees may not seem like a big deal to big warm-blooded animals like us, but to a 2 inch tropical fish it can cause digestive and circulatory issues, and ultimately lead to a weakened immune system. The metabolisms of cold-blooded animals are reliant on temperature, so I don't view heaters as optional to proper betta care unless you have a heated fish room or happen to live in a tropical climate without air conditioning. Most reliable and quality heaters are designed for containers that are at least two gallons in size.

Fish in small containers also tend to become obese and have shortened lifespans as a result of a prolonged lack of exercise. Many also become bored and develop neurotic destructive tendencies such as glass surfing and tail biting.

I'm not saying this to sound mean or preachy, but I think all of us have done things with our bettas that we've later come to regret. Some of the things that happened to my fish when I was just starting out could probably have been prevented if I had done more thorough research or someone had given me some good advice from the beginning.

Hopefully you will take the time to read this forum's article on basic betta care here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49160

Last edited by Adastra; 09-02-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #6 
bettalover2033

As adastra posted http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49160
this is correct!!

And thats just the basics!!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #7 
Kitty Whiskers

Yes I know the tanks are too small and during the last water change I took out all the plants and they are more happy and active to have more room. In the near future my Fiance is going to buy me either a 20 gallon or a 29 gallon tank when we get our new home now that he has a new job :) In the meanwhile I do change the water often every week.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Well without any plants isnt to fun either!! bettas like to hide and bettas like to rest on leaves and plants that will not harm them when they get tired!

Maybe you should consider trying to getting one of those bigger tanks fast and divide it up because they are suffering in those little things!!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #9 
Kitty Whiskers

I'm still confused a bit. I did go to the color/tail type thread and I thought Cellophanes were just white tails that were clear but Gary has spots of color in his clear fins with a slight blue irridecence to them. So is he a Cellophane or a marble? A Cellophane Marble? Is that a true color? lol. And if Cellophanes are just clear with no color is kitty my female a yellow or a yellow cellophane? I do think Greg is a Multi Color right? LOL See I'm confused....I want to post my bettas color types in my signature so I need to know the correct types.

Here is pics of Gary, Greg and Kitty.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kitty Whiskers; 09-26-2010 at 02:23 PM.