Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #11 
betta99

it would be really cool if their babies were doubletail bettas, with white fins and red bodies
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #12 
evanlovesbettas

yeah that would be awesome. the only problem is that those are all recessive traits
evanlovesbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlovesbettas View Post
@peaches3221 it's definitely a female.
@MrVampire181 whats your reason? i'd like to hear(:
Meh whites with red streaks are just not really something I like. Though I if I saw one in a petstore he'd be mine lol. If you get some nice lookin fry and may want to develop a line I'd be glad to help.
Quote:
@MrVampire181 oh and you see her eggs? so by that do you mean shes ready to spawn?
I see them because she's got a see through skin. Shes a cambodian red female (which I'm hoping to get some in my current spawn) one of my fave colors :)

Seeing how your female is a DT I'd want some fry to add to the VT line I'm creating (DT's are a great addition to any line!!).
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #14 
evanlovesbettas

well i'm probably gonna breed her with some other male (im visiting aquarium stores frequently on the lookout for a HM) in the next month, just got to get everything set up. so if i have a successful spawn ill send you a male and/or female double tail if there are any in the results. i would think even if it is a recessive trait that there would still be some.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
well i'm probably gonna breed her with some other male (im visiting aquarium stores frequently on the lookout for a HM) in the next month, just got to get everything set up. so if i have a successful spawn ill send you a male and/or female double tail if there are any in the results. i would think even if it is a recessive trait that there would still be some.
No there most likely won't the first generation dosen't usually give DTs but the gene is present so if I get a pair and inbreed I'll get DTs :)

Try breeding a male from this spawn back to the mom, you'll get awesome fry that way because those fry will get 75% her genes and most will be DT or DT carryers.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #16 
evanlovesbettas

yess! that would be awesome. im gonna do that. i just need to find a very pretty father(:
i can never seem to remember this: what is the best age to spawn with a male?

Last edited by evanlovesbettas; 09-02-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #17 
MrVampire181

Quote:
yess! that would be awesome. im gonna do that. i just need to find a very pretty father(:
i can never seem to remember this: what is the best age to spawn with a male?
She looks like a VT to me so maybe a nice red VT male.

I say under a year is best though I've had a pair spawn at 2 years no eggs were produced.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #18 
evanlovesbettas

but isnt VT a dominant trait so their wouldnt even be a single DBT in the first spawn? or would there still probably be no DBT's in the first spawn if i paired her with like a halfmoon?
and are most pet store bettas over a year?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #19 
MrVampire181

Quote:
but isnt VT a dominant trait so their wouldnt even be a single DBT in the first spawn? or would there still probably be no DBT's in the first spawn if i paired her with like a halfmoon?
and are most pet store bettas over a year?
You don't really know the age but if you buy one and breed them within a few weeks they'll breed and most likely succesfully.

Either way no DTs will be produced in the first generation. You could spawn her twice once with a VT and once with an HM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #20 
evanlovesbettas

alright[:
well since VT are the most common at petstore's im gonna go monday and pick out a nice [unknown color] vieltail.
im probably gonna get red but if i bred my red cambodian with a non-normal color [lol] like purple or orange maybe somewhere down the line i could have a purple cambodian? that would be awesomeee!

yeah, since i can get it done sooner if i bred her with a vieltail, i think i'll go with vieltail. they actually are verry pretty [: