Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #1 
naturegirl243

Question Does anyone else find themselves....

Does anyone else find themselves cleaning tanks everyday?I clean at least one tank a day accept on the weekends when I spend most of my time at the barn.but yeah does anyone clean tanks that much I would do them all in one day but I get burned out I would rather do a quick change in the morning then dedicate a whole day to it.I only have 5 I can't imagine having 10!Like this morning I do a water change for Diego and thats it for today but yesterday I did two they sure do keep me busy.So how do you guys schedule your tank cleanings?
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #2 
naturegirl243

So nobody cleans there tanks lol?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #3 
ReyesBetta

I do all mine on Friday nights when no one is usually home so I don't have to listen to my nagging grandma and mom telling me to "clean your mess!" and "take care of your stuff!" Blah blah blah.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #4 
naturegirl243

lol my mom does not care as long as I don't leave a mess behind, she is a clean freak.I must say I am too but not as bad lol.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #5 
Adastra

I do big tanks Saturday and little tanks Sunday. I have 6 tanks, 3 big, 3 small.
"Big" in my mind is 10 gallons or larger. All of mine are cycled and planted, so it's not too difficult. The worst part is carrying water all over the house since I'm a weak, scrawny little girl and half the tanks are upstairs and I usually take my old fishwater outside to water the plants since the fish poo water is actually pretty decent fertilizer.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #6 
Bloodeath

i clean roughly 2-3 tanks a week, whether it be a 2g a 5g or a 10g... somehow i find myself looking at the tanks thinking "I'm better than this, and their better than this, they deserve an immaculate home"
Bloodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #7 
metalbetta

It is water change night for a couple of my fish.. should probably get on that. :)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #8 
naturegirl243

lol I make a small list in my head as I walk around the house thinking ok so and so gets the next cleaning then such and such could use one after that and maybe tommorow I will do this and thats water.lol I could have used real betta names but I used those ha!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #9 
UrsMyrick

I only have three tanks (1-1 gal, 2- 3.65 gal), but I usually only change my water once a wekk unless my test kits show that my water parameters are changing (ammonia and nitrites going up). Two of my tanks are planted currently The one gallon is a temp home until the other tank cycles. I usually get the water ready the night before and declorinate it so that its ready first thing in the morning then I syphon out the water out into a premeasured container, then pour the new water in. Its a hassel, but I think that the fish really appreciate the clean water.
UrsMyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #10 
Drift

I'm always doing something or another with each fish every day, but Monday morning is tank cleaning day. I have 1 10 gallon and 5 gallon that I vacuum, and 2 2.5's that get 100 % changes with a 50% change towards the end the week. They're bare bottom tanks and take 5 minutes to clean though. All of my larger tanks are planted.
I'm working on getting my second 10 gallon set up to eliminate the two tiny tanks. :)
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote